Lowered On 20's? Post Your Pics!

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
So those are like 1700 a piece?

Yessir, this wheel & tire package runs $8,000 but I can do special pricing for S197forum members.

Awesome wheels, Sharad. Perfect with your color car. I have the exact same tire set-up as you.

Thanks. I'm happy with the tires so far. I wanted R888s, but I would wear those out before the HPDE I have planned for May. The car sees about 2,000 miles a month. Anyway, I've only been able to take one corner fairly aggressively so far, but the INVOs hooked better than the Street Comps I was running.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
Nice setup Sharad. A lot of people hate on INVO's. But I honestly like mine and they do pretty dang good for me. A lot better than most street tires.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
$7999.95 and not a cent more!

LOL! If you ever want a set of Forgelines, I will give you REALLY good pricing.

Nice setup Sharad. A lot of people hate on INVO's. But I honestly like mine and they do pretty dang good for me. A lot better than most street tires.

Thanks. I originally wanted R888s, but I knew I'd kill them before my HPDE in May. Then I wanted NT05 or Michelin PSS, but they were backordered. This was actually option #3, but honestly, they're pretty decent tires. Ride is quiet, handling is good, and they'll hook my car in 3rd gear. (with over 700rwhp on tap, I could spin my previous street tires all the way through 4th gear)

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
R888 is a nice tire. But you are right it will wear quick. I'm really liking those forgelines as well. Just way out of my price range and I already have 3 sets of wheels lol. Keep up you awesome work on the car. I'm jealous you get to drive it year round down there!

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
R888 is a nice tire. But you are right it will wear quick. I'm really liking those forgelines as well. Just way out of my price range and I already have 3 sets of wheels lol. Keep up you awesome work on the car. I'm jealous you get to drive it year round down there!

Thanks man. I do miss my friends and family in Kentucky and Ohio, but I love Florida. (and I'm already getting more attached to the Forgelines)

TopoGuy

The Gunny
Reaction score
Here's mine...Foose Nitrous wearing Continental Extreme Contact DWS. 20x8.5 265/35 out front and 20x10 315/35 out back.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420418315688.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420418315688.jpg
    532.3 KB · Views: 70
  • uploadfromtaptalk1420418362108.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420418362108.jpg
    539 KB · Views: 59

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
LOL! If you ever want a set of Forgelines, I will give you REALLY good pricing.

Don't tempt me, I was perfectly fine with what I have! I'd really like to find a pattern/setup for my GF's Boss that is a 20x11.5 rear with a 20x10 front but she is pretty darn set on the HRE FlowForm FF01

As for the R888's - Great tire and hooks in any heat above 60* but they are noisy. I would really like to go with another tire but the only maker of a 315/30/20 is Pirelli Corsa that is on the Lambo's and I'm not spending $800+/tire lol - I'm pretty firm on having same make/model tire on all corners for aesthetics.

Edit: The GA1R is probably my top contender since we are primarily looking at monoblocks

Last edited:

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Don't tempt me, I was perfectly fine with what I have! I'd really like to find a pattern/setup for my GF's Boss that is a 20x11.5 rear with a 20x10 front but she is pretty darn set on the HRE FlowForm FF01

As for the R888's - Great tire and hooks in any heat above 60* but they are noisy. I would really like to go with another tire but the only maker of a 315/30/20 is Pirelli Corsa that is on the Lambo's and I'm not spending $800+/tire lol - I'm pretty firm on having same make/model tire on all corners for aesthetics.

Edit: The GA1R is probably my top contender since we are primarily looking at monoblocks

I can give you really good pricing on GA1Rs... In fact, if she likes my rear wheels, I'd give her a SMOKING good deal on these, because I'm thinking about trying an even higher offset for use with the airbags. (to tuck the rims way inside the quarters, like my fronts are)

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score

Can you not do a 315/35/20 that should open up more options, that's just over a 1/2" difference in sidewall. Or go down to a 295/30/20 that size is pretty reasonable and you can get a pilot sport in that size. That's what we put on the M6's at work. But I think that wheel is only 10.5 wide. So that may be stretched a little on a 11.5

Last edited:

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Yessir, this wheel & tire package runs $8,000 but I can do special pricing for S197forum members.

I'm probably going to take you up on that offer but not until next year. I still have to try and finish the funds for the engine build and then get the cortex coilovers. Your car is sex on wheels right now!

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I'm probably going to take you up on that offer but not until next year. I still have to try and finish the funds for the engine build and then get the cortex coilovers. Your car is sex on wheels right now!

Thanks dude. That offer is open anytime. :)

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I can give you really good pricing on GA1Rs... In fact, if she likes my rear wheels, I'd give her a SMOKING good deal on these, because I'm thinking about trying an even higher offset for use with the airbags. (to tuck the rims way inside the quarters, like my fronts are)

I'll show her pics but I think she wants something that isn't open ended lugs and wants center caps too. We will look around to see what's possible.

Can you not do a 315/35/20 that should open up more options, that's just over a 1/2" difference in sidewall. Or go down to a 295/30/20 that size is pretty reasonable and you can get a pilot sport in that size. That's what we put on the M6's at work. But I think that wheel is only 10.5 wide. So that may be stretched a little on a 11.5

Any height difference will probably start rubbing especially sidewall height. It's a +61 offset (corrected from 58 with a 3mm spacer). Without the spacer it rubs somewhat. I think going down to that size will be bad since my 315/30/20 is already somewhat stretched on the 12" wheel.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Finally installed the Forgeline GA1R Open Lug wheels today! Fronts are 20x10 +45 with 275/35-20 Nitto Invos, rears are 20x11 +53 with 295/35-20 Nitto Invos. Finish is called "Transparent Smoke" which is like tinted clearcoat. They are 6lbs lighter than the AMRs I was running before. I'll do a separate thread on the Forgelines eventually, but I'm very impressed with them! Here they are on the car-

Those look great but there aint a wheel in the world that is worth that kind of $$$ to me.... Guess ill never own a set of those in my life unless im a billionaire. But like I said, they look very good! My question though is what do you search for on their site to find that particular wheel? I cant seem to find it. I can find all of them but that one

Last edited:

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I'll show her pics but I think she wants something that isn't open ended lugs and wants center caps too. We will look around to see what's possible.

Any height difference will probably start rubbing especially sidewall height. It's a +61 offset (corrected from 58 with a 3mm spacer). Without the spacer it rubs somewhat. I think going down to that size will be bad since my 315/30/20 is already somewhat stretched on the 12" wheel.
Get a 305/30R20? Nitto NT05, i love mine. They're pretty much smoked. If you were closer, I would pull one off a wheel and bring it to you so you could test fit. I need incentive to buy a new set anyways.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Sharad,

So do you mind posting in the open what is a SMOKING good deal on the complete set of wheels ONLY ???

Also how about posting a link to those exact wheels I'd like taking a look at them.

Thanks,
Terry

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Those look great but there aint a wheel in the world that is worth that kind of $$$ to me.... Guess ill never own a set of those in my life unless im a billionaire. But like I said, they look very good! My question though is what do you search for on their site to find that particular wheel? I cant seem to find it. I can find all of them but that one

I understand that wheels like this aren't for everyone. These wheels, tires, and brakes cost more than I usually spend on an entire car... but I really wanted to take this car to the next level. These wheels were a necessary part of that.

The GA1R Open Lugs are racing wheels, so they are listed in the "Competition Series" section of Forgeline's website- http://www.forgeline.com/products/competition-series/ga1r-open-lug.html

Get a 305/30R20? Nitto NT05, i love mine. They're pretty much smoked. If you were closer, I would pull one off a wheel and bring it to you so you could test fit. I need incentive to buy a new set anyways.

That was what I was leaning toward. 275/35 Front and 305/30 rear NT05s, but they were on backorder.

Sharad,

So do you mind posting in the open what is a SMOKING good deal on the complete set of wheels ONLY ???

Also how about posting a link to those exact wheels I'd like taking a look at them.

Thanks,
Terry

Here is the link to these exact wheels-
http://www.forgeline.com/products/competition-series/ga1r-open-lug.html

The "smoking deal" I mentioned was for my rear wheels. Specifically, I mean the rear wheels which are currently on my car. They have been driven on so I can't sell them as new. But they are basically new and I would sell them for quite a bit less than retail. (PM for a dollar figure if you're genuinely interested) I'm perfectly content with them the way they are, but I was thinking about experimenting with a higher offset for more tire clearance when the air bags are aired all the way out. In my opinion, the current offset is perfect for a car on lowering springs or coilovers, but I think I could gain more clearance for the airbags if I went with a higher offset.

Grubb

forum member
Reaction score
I understand that wheels like this aren't for everyone. These wheels, tires, and brakes cost more than I usually spend on an entire car... but I really wanted to take this car to the next level. These wheels were a necessary part of that.

The GA1R Open Lugs are racing wheels, so they are listed in the "Competition Series" section of Forgeline's website- http://www.forgeline.com/products/competition-series/ga1r-open-lug.html

That was what I was leaning toward. 275/35 Front and 305/30 rear NT05s, but they were on backorder.

Here is the link to these exact wheels-
http://www.forgeline.com/products/competition-series/ga1r-open-lug.html

The "smoking deal" I mentioned was for my rear wheels. Specifically, I mean the rear wheels which are currently on my car. They have been driven on so I can't sell them as new. But they are basically new and I would sell them for quite a bit less than retail. (PM for a dollar figure if you're genuinely interested) I'm perfectly content with them the way they are, but I was thinking about experimenting with a higher offset for more tire clearance when the air bags are aired all the way out. In my opinion, the current offset is perfect for a car on lowering springs or coilovers, but I think I could gain more clearance for the airbags if I went with a higher offset.

Forgeline makes amazing quality wheels. They are manufactored 10 minutes from my home here in Dayton, OH

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back