Lowering spring help please

Unsub

Reaction score
Hello. I want to lower my 2014 GT about an inch. I do NOT want a hard ride!! It just looks like ass and handles very floaty.... I am afraid to take corners fast as my 06 GTO. In fact, the car plows into turns and does not inspire any confidence driving quickly. Other then that I love the car. It is my first Ford.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Steeda Sport springs. You should upgrade your shocks while you're at it. You'll also need an adjustable panhard bar to recenter the rear axle.

Also: learn to search.

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
If you're going to get lowering springs you might as well replace the stock struts and shocks with a brand that can handle the higher spring rate. I personally like BMR and Hotchkis springs, what is it you plan to do with the car? What are your goals?

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Steeda sports and Tokico d-specs here. I am pleased with the ride height and the ride quality. I like it much better than the Eibach Pro springs/shocks/strut set up I had on my 07 GT/CS. That set up was way too rough for a dd.

ctt326

Brenspeed Hater
Reaction score
If I were you I would completely convert the superior suspension from your GTO.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
I feel that the struts/shocks control the "hardness" of the ride more than the springs. I would recommend an adjustable set of dampers.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hello. I want to lower my 2014 GT about an inch. I do NOT want a hard ride!! It just looks like ass and handles very floaty.... I am afraid to take corners fast as my 06 GTO. In fact, the car plows into turns and does not inspire any confidence driving quickly. Other then that I love the car. It is my first Ford.

I ran these springs with the stock shocks and struts and they worked well:

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-eibach-pro-series-competition-springs-05.html

However, I later added Koni Yellows and the handling was dramatically improved.

2012yote

forum member
Reaction score
Just springs go with the Eibach Pro-kit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
American Racing SR springs are the same springs as ProKit and KSprings for less money.

Where did you get this information?

By the information I have seen and been presented, it seems as if just about everyone is using Eibach.

tehdixie

the empire business
Reaction score
Where did you get this information?

By the information I have seen and been presented, it seems as if just about everyone is using Eibach.

From AR. I called to ask about them when they first popped up and they said they were manufactured by a "reputable company" and the specs are exactly the same as the pro kit/k spring.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I see. Well, to be fair, that can be very misleading.

There are a few reputable spring manufacturers out there....and rates are very easy to duplicate, that is why you see most of the rates are close to the same on most of the lowering springs on the market.

For example, we use a reputable spring manufacturer....and we could easily duplicate the rates of anyone's spring on the market...yet, we do not use Eibach.

2012yote

forum member
Reaction score
Eibach's lower it more than 1 inch and the ride isn't that great.
BMR Springs are my top choice.

I got roughly 1.25" in the front and 1.5 in the rear on the Pro-kit and managed to maintain near stock ride quality. I'm on 20" rims with no camber issues as well. I was just throwing that out there for the OP... And I'm not biased or downing BMR as I have several suspension components from them as well, Top notch for sure :thumbup

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back