Magazine first drives

jaja6009

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah that site is crazy with arguments over the reviews. Too many fanboys for my taste. Looks like the new cars power is wasted hauling the extra weight it gained. I really wanna see how the engine improvements work with boost. (powerwise and and power ceiling wise). I wont be ordering one yet though. I really want to see what the gt350 turns out to be.

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah that site is crazy with arguments over the reviews. Too many fanboys for my taste. Looks like the new cars power is wasted hauling the extra weight it gained. I really wanna see how the engine improvements work with boost. (powerwise and and power ceiling wise). I wont be ordering one yet though. I really want to see what the gt350 turns out to be.

I'm hoping the gt350 loses some weight.

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
Does not appear to have anything more in the 1/4 mile department...from some of the testing thus far...one mag said it was a 1/10 slower... but that really is in the noise... I was hope for 1/10 or 2/10 faster from the mag guys.

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Road course lap times are what I'm waiting for.

-Steve

black2008gt

GT500 NOOB
Reaction score
It has the exact same powerplant as the previous outgoing generation. What did everyone expect....that they would squeeze even more power out of a motor that was pretty much maxed from the factory. I expected the same power but better handling, and thats what ford pretty much delivered.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
What were you guys expecting?

A mustang that weighed 200-300lbs less like what was originally taunted to us and HP in the range of 440-450HP.

It has the exact same powerplant as the previous outgoing generation. What did everyone expect....that they would squeeze even more power out of a motor that was pretty much maxed from the factory. I expected the same power but better handling, and thats what ford pretty much delivered.

Maxed from the factory? I don't think so. Also the 5.0 should be getting direct injection which should help with mileage and HP as well. I'm just disappointed that the car gained weight.

Last edited:

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
It is pretty much what I expected. the PP equipped GT meets or is right behind the BOSS in some measurable performance stats. That is what I expected. I do wnat to see lap times because I remember reading that they said it could outrun a BOSS

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Be interesting to see how the aftermarket treats the 4 cylinder. The good news for those guys is that there is a very good selection of turbo's to upgrade to. I wonder what the crank/rods/pistons will be good to? I think a youtube to 600HP should show up pretty fast.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Be interesting to see how the aftermarket treats the 4 cylinder. The good news for those guys is that there is a very good selection of turbo's to upgrade to. I wonder what the crank/rods/pistons will be good to? I think a youtube to 600HP should show up pretty fast.

I'm into the whole EcoBoost thing because of my truck. The problem isn't really with the motors or even the turbo's. They all run out of fuel too soon and there are no aftermarket options other than adding a second fuel system with more injectors, which is a HUGE PITA.:thud:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm into the whole EcoBoost thing because of my truck. The problem isn't really with the motors or even the turbo's. They all run out of fuel too soon and there are no aftermarket options other than adding a second fuel system with more injectors, which is a HUGE PITA.:thud:

Yeah, couple ways to come at that...none of them cheap.

Hmmm, It will have to be a kit of some kind. I was thinking a machined plug for where the direct injectors are and then regular injectors tapped into something like the godspeed aluminum intake manifold. Take the DI shit out of the equation. Could the stock computer be made to work with that??? Gonna be some serious development time, and it will hose the factory warranty, which a lot of guys won't do to a new car.

You would think some of the companies that are big into 4 cylinder stuff would be pretty aggressive to break into the mustang market.

It will be fun to watch.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back