Magazine first drives

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
That is more depending on the steering ratio than steering wheel size, and with EPAS, it can vary.

RCrumb

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Typical Car & Driver to be comparing it to a Toyota Camry, WTF. Who gives a rats ass about back seats in a 430 HP 2 door coupe. Completely different buying audience. Thats why I don't put much weight in magazine test drivers.

cyclerick

forum member
Reaction score
That is more depending on the steering ratio than steering wheel size, and with EPAS, it can vary.

Guess I got spoiled after installing the ford racing steering rack which also eliminated the infamous steering shudder.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
A mustang that weighed 200-300lbs less like what was originally taunted to us and HP in the range of 440-450HP.

Maxed from the factory? I don't think so. Also the 5.0 should be getting direct injection which should help with mileage and HP as well. I'm just disappointed that the car gained weight.

A direct inject 5.0 L eng would be the real ticket. And forged crank/rods /pistons /boss springs etc. Better mileage + a lot more hp /tq. Then you have a foundation to build on..without blowing stuff up. The MT-82 either needs to be replaced, or beefed up.

(The crate eng aluminator is only $1K more than the oem coyote...and comes with forged everything..bargain).

ummduh

forum member
Reaction score
Why are you so eager to go to DI? Doesn't the lack of high(er than OE) output DI fuel pumps sort of pose a problem? AFAIK, there aren't ANY on the market for gasoline, and have you seen the prices of the diesel pumps?? I'd think we'd want to avoid DI for the time being.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back