Magazine first drives

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Yeah, couple ways to come at that...none of them cheap.

Hmmm, It will have to be a kit of some kind. I was thinking a machined plug for where the direct injectors are and then regular injectors tapped into something like the godspeed aluminum intake manifold. Take the DI shit out of the equation. Could the stock computer be made to work with that??? Gonna be some serious development time, and it will hose the factory warranty, which a lot of guys won't do to a new car.

You would think some of the companies that are big into 4 cylinder stuff would be pretty aggressive to break into the mustang market.

It will be fun to watch.

The "hot setup" right now is to run a second set of injectors that come in under boost. That's pretty cool, but expensive. I wouldn't want to ditch the DI, that has a lot to do with how much power they make. And they are great for mileage.

I'm not sure if anyone is really doing anything to solve the situation. It has been the same since 2011 and no one has done a thing as far as I know. What is needed is a bigger DI pump. But from what I understand the F-150 already has the largest one made. Some aftermarket company is going to have to widdle something out.

If anyone gets it licked it will be the C7 Corvette guys.

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
A faster mustang like every other new mustang since the beginning of mustangdom.

'71s weren't faster.
'74s weren't faster.
'79s weren't faster.
'94s weren't faster.
'96s weren't faster.
'10s weren't faster.
'15s aren't faster.

Seems like they are keeping pace with past generations.

I'm not disappointed though. The '15 is a platform and styling change. The major drivetrain improvements will come a couple of years down the road. I bet THOSE will beat a '12-13 Boss. :beerchug2:

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
That single article sealed the deal for me! 2.5 mins after reading it, I ordered my 15 GT! Ha. But was interesting to see as they almost always do have less then stellar reviews of petty much most American cars... Course , when used to rolling around in a Pagani or similar, everything else would tend to pale by comparison.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
That single article sealed the deal for me! 2.5 mins after reading it, I ordered my 15 GT! Ha. But was interesting to see as they almost always do have less then stellar reviews of petty much most American cars... Course , when used to rolling around in a Pagani or similar, everything else would tend to pale by comparison.

My buddy should have his GT Performance Pack/Recaro in the next two weeks. I'm looking forward to driving it......and not. I'm probably going to want to off my 12' GT Brembo Vert. But I don't want to get a 15' vert and I don't want to not have my vert. So I will probably end up getting a 15' coupe and adding it to the fleet. Yeah, like I need another car!:thud:

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Ford is most likely doing what they always do in HP department by spoon feeding you a little at a time. 4.6 3V in 2005 was probably the best treatment they ever gave out at one time with 300 HP. But Ford always gives "disappointing" HP before they bump it up. 1994 GT with a disappointing 5.0L, then later went to the 4.6L which was ok, then gave in 1999 a good 4.6L with 260 HP. Same thing, refresh 2010 GT with still the 4.6L but bump it up to 315 HP, but following year dropping in the 5.0L. Will be the same, the 2015 mustang with 435 HP will stay 435 till the next Camaro comes out then a year after the Camaro the mustang GT will get another HP bump to keep up or out do it.

Mustangs biggest downside is the new style isn't far enough apart from the 2014s. I mean look at the 2004 mustang vs the 2005 mustang, totally different. The 1993 mustang vs the 1994 mustang. 2014 mustang vs 2015 mustang, IMO to conservative to the out going model on a different frame. What I am getting at is not being a far enough redesign I don't know how much more sales increase there will really be besides the initial year.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score

claudermilk

Reaction score
You mean like this one? ;)
LOL. I think we all immediately though "umm....Mustang II?" reading that comment.

I'm not really surprised. Same engine with some tweaks (15HP & 10ft-lbs is ~3%) add 200 lbs. It balances out. I expected Ford to do that. Wait a couple of years and more power will be forthcoming; Ford has said that DI was part of the original design, so that is obviously being held for when they need a HP & MPG bump.

Be interesting to see how the aftermarket treats the 4 cylinder. The good news for those guys is that there is a very good selection of turbo's to upgrade to. I wonder what the crank/rods/pistons will be good to? I think a youtube to 600HP should show up pretty fast.

I'm into the whole EcoBoost thing because of my truck. The problem isn't really with the motors or even the turbo's. They all run out of fuel too soon and there are no aftermarket options other than adding a second fuel system with more injectors, which is a HUGE PITA.:thud:
It will indeed be interesting. I am hoping the '15 getting an EB engine will kick aftermarket support of all the engines up a notch. The FoST and FiST have a decent amount of support. For the 2.0 at least, that is bleeding over to the Fusion a bit--though the enthusiast owners have to keep begging for parts which are slowly being dribbled out. I have read that fuel is the big limiting factor. Once the OEM parts are maxed out (Which they are apparently close to stock), there is nowhere to go and nothing bigger to replace them with. Again, the immense Mustang market will hopefully get some vendors to address this finally.

It will be fun to watch how all this shakes out over the next couple of years.

DOFORLIFE

forum member
Reaction score
Ford is most likely doing what they always do in HP department by spoon feeding you a little at a time. 4.6 3V in 2005 was probably the best treatment they ever gave out at one time with 300 HP. But Ford always gives "disappointing" HP before they bump it up. 1994 GT with a disappointing 5.0L, then later went to the 4.6L which was ok, then gave in 1999 a good 4.6L with 260 HP. Same thing, refresh 2010 GT with still the 4.6L but bump it up to 315 HP, but following year dropping in the 5.0L. Will be the same, the 2015 mustang with 435 HP will stay 435 till the next Camaro comes out then a year after the Camaro the mustang GT will get another HP bump to keep up or out do it.

Mustangs biggest downside is the new style isn't far enough apart from the 2014s. I mean look at the 2004 mustang vs the 2005 mustang, totally different. The 1993 mustang vs the 1994 mustang. 2014 mustang vs 2015 mustang, IMO to conservative to the out going model on a different frame. What I am getting at is not being a far enough redesign I don't know how much more sales increase there will really be besides the initial year.
Have you noticed with most cars and trucks from the usa tend to do a refresh a few years before a body change. I think the refresh is to soften the blow going to a completely different body style.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
h205FA2A3

maybe next year =-/

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
The dude talks how bad ass it is while riding 15 mph?

He seems a little aggressive for reviewing an auto.. I keep waiting for him to turn to the camera and ask me whats in my wallet.

cyclerick

forum member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does it seem the steering wheel has to be turned considerably to round a curve. You'd think a smaller diameter steering wheel would have to be turned less.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back