Marc S build version 6.0

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
Installed the coilovers and took it for a drive. Man, what a difference! My little test course around the industrial complex saw a significant drop in lap times. Before, the car sat 27 7/8" from the wheel lip to the ground. Now, it sits 26 7/8".

I also drove it out to Pacific Raceways with my marketing guy. He took a video of the trip and we saw some funny expressions on peoples faces while driving on the Interstate.

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
I'm honestly surprised it took you this long to get coilovers. Lol

Video. Need.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
The video is very uneventful because with all of the sponsor decals, I can't be fooling around on the street. Even so, it's really fun to drive around and people are either hanging out the window, or they think I'm a complete irresponsible idiot for contributing to global warming.

Speaking of warming, as I understand it, the 220 degree oil lines between my passengers legs were less than comfortable. LOL.

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
You were so nice on that drive. I'm impressed your inner kid didn't get the best of you.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The video is very uneventful because with all of the sponsor decals, I can't be fooling around on the street. Even so, it's really fun to drive around and people are either hanging out the window, or they think I'm a complete irresponsible idiot for contributing to global warming.

Speaking of warming, as I understand it, the 220 degree oil lines between my passengers legs were less than comfortable. LOL.

Marc S ...

Thanks for this Thread and especially this last video of you driving it on the street. :beer:

Terry aka "tigerhonaker"

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but I spoke with Borla recently. They are going to build me a custom set of 4" diameter 22" long mufflers based off of their XR-1 technology. They believe that they can get my decibels down to around 100 without any lose of HP. Either way, it's cool that Borla has decided to help me out.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but I spoke with Borla recently. They are going to build me a custom set of 4" diameter 22" long mufflers based off of their XR-1 technology. They believe that they can get my decibels down to around 100 without any lose of HP. Either way, it's cool that Borla has decided to help me out.

Marc S,

I've ran a bunch of the Borla exhaust over the years.

Excellent products for sure. :thumb:

tigerhonaker

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
I picked up some additional help from Agent 47 and APR today, so a big thanks goes out to them!

I now have the support from the following organizations and I can't thank them enough.

TMS Performance & Dyno Tuning
Whiteline Suspension
KW Suspension
Toyo tires
APR Performance
Agent 47
Borla Exhaust
Yukon Gears
Image Craft

I have some other companies on the hook too, but nothing is finalized yet.

I got tired of waiting for the graphics designers to send me more wrap designs so I fired them. I came up with my own design and I had my marketing employee work his magic. I gave him the info, and he worked the keyboard. I think it turned out great and I forwarded the images to Whiteline for their input. Sorry, I can't post the pics yet.

Last edited:

swedensky

forum member
Reaction score
I picked up some additional help from Agent 47 and APR today, so a big thanks goes out to them!

I now have the support from the following organizations and I can't thank them enough.

TMS Performance & Dyno Tuning
Whiteline Suspension
KW Suspension
Continental tires
APR Performance
Agent 47
Borla Exhaust
Yukon Gears
Image Craft

I have some other companies on the hook too, but nothing is finalized yet.

**Forgestar** will be added to the list once you get your wheels right? Or are they not sponsoring your build?

Last edited:

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
I met with the regional NASA people yesterday and got the go ahead to be able to compete this Saturday and Sunday in AIX. If my tires don't show up I'm screwed though. Either way, I will be attending the event because I also got approved as an instructor.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
Well, My new slicks didn't arrive so I was forced to attend my first race on Hoosier slicks that are very used and over heat cycled. As a matter of fact, two of the tires were from the spring of 2012 and I acquired them used.

Since my road race license has been expired for years, I was told that I had to race 8 events as a rookie and have a big red R on the sides of the car and a huge orange decal on the back. I wasn't happy about that but rules are rules.

During qualifying, I had to have one of the NASA representatives ride passenger to make sure that I checked out for competition rookie status. As it turned out, it was a gentleman that runs one of the NASA approved driving schools. After the qualifying session was over, apparently he had a closed door conversation with NASA and my license was approved without the rookie status!!

Even though the tire adhesion was very poor, I qualified number 1 in AIX. I have to be honest, this isn't as impressive as it seems because there were only two cars in AIX. However, I didn't compete because after the qualifying session was over, the tires had zero grip and the RF tire was close to be being corded on the outside shoulder. I didn't want to be a hazard to myself or anyone else on the track so I wisely sat out the race.

Since I didn't race, I had time to let NASA perform an extended tech inspection which is good for a year. They go through the car very thoroughly. The car past tech and my cage was certified and stamped with their serial number. The only thing that they found wrong was a missing decal noting the location for my battery shut off switch.

All in all, it was a great day and the car came home in one piece.

2013-09-15_14-26-49_550_zpsd83085f4.jpg

09141316_zps85ee8d0c.jpg

09_zps91907dbf.jpg

0914137_zpsfab5a4c6.jpg

09141315_zps17f390e0.jpg

09141318_zps4d86db4c.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back