Meeting with a Mustang Ford Engineer

StockNoMo

2010 GT500 Triple Black
Reaction score
This will be a new experience for me. A group on behalf of Ford contacted me to spend a few hours with a Ford Mustang engineer on the 2010 Mustang.

So aside from the rear end comments, anyone have any questions they would like Ford's Mustang engineers to answer. Post them here and I will do what I can.

My meeting is 11/07/09 in Irvine, CA.

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
Ask them why the hell did they made it that ugly....and whoever the guy was that slapped those ugly ass sidemarkers next to the headlights........take his doploma off the wall and throw it in the trash

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
yes... why does the ass look like ass...
do the strut towers STILL clunk? If so... ask why after 5 years of production this contiunues...
why no 6-speed for ALL manual Mustangs... get with the times...

usafimj

Reaction score
Ask why we're underpowered compared to the Camaro and Challenger

Last edited:

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Strut mounts that clunk? I don't have that problem.

Ask them why the hell did they made it that ugly....and whoever the guy was that slapped those ugly ass sidemarkers next to the headlights........take his doploma off the wall and throw it in the trash

I'm sure there are people who think your car is ugly, too. :lol2:

StockNoMo

2010 GT500 Triple Black
Reaction score
Thanks guys, but again, aside from the "rear end" comments, any ideas on how an engineer can improve this great car?
The 5.0 question was already on my list but I agree, they probably won't comment.
The underpower is a good lead question, but are there any ideas to improve the standard V8 powerplant other than more displacement?
Keep em coming!!

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
Thanks guys, but again, aside from the "rear end" comments, any ideas on how an engineer can improve this great car?
The 5.0 question was already on my list but I agree, they probably won't comment.
The underpower is a good lead question, but are there any ideas to improve the standard V8 powerplant other than more displacement?
Keep em coming!!

ask them why the v6 with the eco boost was not an option for the mustang and if they are planing on it being in future modles of the mustang

usafimj

Reaction score
Ask why we have eleventy-billion different Mustang editions.

foolio2k4

forum member
Reaction score
Tell em the new gt500 is great.

Tell em we want forged wheels as an option on the GTs.

I havent tested the 2010 track pack but stiffer suspension would be great.

Also a double wishbone setup.

kyoshosp2

forum member
Reaction score
ask them why the Hyd clutch and drive by wire when the original cables were great and never had a problem after 5 years there is still tsb's for the t/b and five different part number lol. basicly why fix what isn't broken?

h8imports

forum member
Reaction score
Ask them why we have crap rods in our motors. They are about the same size as a toothbrush. It would be nice to have a stronger bottomend.

2007 GT/CS

"Oderint Dum Metuant"
Reaction score
Please do compliment them on a fine, fine automobile. :beer:

The stocks seats need better lateral support and more adjustability in the steering column would be nice.

+1 on the rods thing. I bet 80%+ of the people who laid down the money to buy the GT would be willing to part with a few hundred more to get rods and pistons capable of going to 600 hp right from the factory.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back