Meeting with a Mustang Ford Engineer

07stangcs

Undecided
Reaction score
Ask them why they'll slap a twin turbo on a taurus but they put the most tame blower on a GT500.

StockNoMo

2010 GT500 Triple Black
Reaction score
Great feedback. I will post a list a few days prior to Nov 7th, so keep those comments flowing.

Glass GT

forum member
Reaction score
will they make the glass tops removable in the future? Can the GT's have functional side scoops and hood scoops? Maybe as an option in the premium packages brembos? and when the big 50th annv. comes can previous orginal annv owners get 1st chance @ buying?and also design? and can we get a big engine in the GT for the 50th? 5.0 for 50 maybe? until then can we get eco boost with the 4.6

gijosh28

Bad Penny
Reaction score
My thoughts:

Want to see a mustang with a stronger motor? Its called the C6. They also have some different roof options, but the price tag is steeper. Or if you want to stay Ford, you can check out the GT500 version. That one has stronger rods. Guys the reason we have powdered metal rods, and hyperpathetic pistons, is production costs, and weight for emissions. Show of hands. How many people payed gas guzzler taxes when you bought your 4.6L v8? Now go ask that on any of the many SRT forums. This is not a overweight overoptioned dodge, and it is not a no price barrier $70k-$120k Corvette. It is a lot of car for $22k-$45k. The bottom end of that financial scope, buys you a mostly no frills, nice quick 4.6l V8 mustang with 300hp, and a good warranty (that will even cover a supercharger if bought through an authorized Ford dealer). The catch is, it was kept that cheap by using rods that are inexpensive to mass produce, and lightweight enough to make the motor run efficiently. The upper end, gets you a bigger displacement, factory supercharged car with a more stout motor. JM .02. I like the car the way it is, and Ford optioned it well. All that said, it would be nice to have something in the gap between the GT and the GT500. Maybe a Cobra that is a 5.4 N/A with forged bottom end, or make the bullitts still have a 4.6L, but have stronger rods and pistons and 4V heads, but be a little pricier. But the GTs still need to remain the most affordable American V8! The only way to do that is to keep low production cost motors. Those are week modulars, or older tech pushrods. /rant

Last edited:

JAY86

forum member
Reaction score
+1000 on the rods.

thats the only thing i would wanna ask them... is why not a better bottom end for the motor on the GT models.

other then that cant complain about much... i mean you get a lot of car for the $$$.

5.0Shocker

Resident Bomb Tech
Reaction score
Tell them we want factory option Superchargers for GT's, and the front bumper covers should look more BA from the factory. We want more factory options on rear end gears. and +1 on beefed up internals.

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Tell them to fire the engineer that designed the mounting for the power steering pump. Better yet, make him remove and replace them for a week then fire him.

stang03

forum member
Reaction score
+1 on better internals

Information on upcoming special editions would be sweet

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
I'm sorry to say, the but the answer to most of these questions is.....

Because we don't manufacture mustangs for 0.01% of the population that wants 800whp. They build mustangs to make money, putting forged parts in the engine when 99% of buyers don't know what that means, is a waste of money for them. I believe by way of these types of forums we think every Mustang owner thinks like we do, they don't. Most are bone stock V6s, that's the truth.

Why is the car underpowered compared to the competition? Well is it really? The Challenger is not faster in stock form than the 2010 MGT, magazine test after test has confirmed this. The Camaro is faster by a couple ticks, no big deal. We already know a new engine is on the way.

They have evolved the Mustang towards a more well rounded package that handles impressively too and is the most fun to drive of all the new retro muscle cars.

Last edited:

AirGoNomyk

Owned by a 3 legged dog
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do you everything these guys want...then hear them bitch about paying 45k for it

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
Speaking of rods, getting better ones dunno maybe for mass produced engines they could get prices way lower for them

F.E. if the normal ones we all have cost maybe $200 and the improoved ones $500 - thats a $300 difference we all would agree to pay, instead of getting useless options like Ambient interior lightning or a scenic roof ... even the new "easy fuel" thing its something not of my taste, we should have locking gas caps or atleast the gas cap cover to be unlocked from inside, just having the idea any1 can throw in water and a $12K built engine goes away that easy or even the stocker one.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
The only gripe I've really had with the 05-10 mustangs is the raw aluminum valve covers. They look terrible, and over time degrade to worse. They're an eyesore. Some sort of coating would be great. I don't care what color.

And rods would be nice, but for the 03-04 Cobras it was a $400 increase in cost. No way are the bean counters going to go for that in a GT. That's a HUGE expense in a high production car.

And the power steering mounting...At least there's only 3 bolts on these ones. The 04 and older 4.6's had 4, and that 4th one was a bitch. IMO, they fixed that issue with the S197. No complaints here.

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
- Why dont they have a trunk release button inside the car? (not sure if the 2010 has one)

- Why does the convertible have (1) button for the (2) rear windows

- Why does the convertible mechanism pinch the top and create wear holes that are NOT covered under warranty?

- Why does the top surface of the dash board reflect onto the windshield so much when its sunny? Cant they texture it in a way to reduce this?

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
I'm sorry to say, the but the answer to most of these questions is.....

Because we don't manufacture mustangs for 0.01% of the population that wants 800whp. They build mustangs to make money, putting forged parts in the engine when 99% of buyers don't know what that means, is a waste of money for them. I believe by way of these types of forums we think every Mustang owner thinks like we do, they don't. Most are bone stock V6s, that's the truth.

Why is the car underpowered compared to the competition? Well is it really? The Challenger is not faster in stock form than the 2010 MGT, magazine test after test has confirmed this. The Camaro is faster by a couple ticks, no big deal. We already know a new engine is on the way.

They have evolved the Mustang towards a more well rounded package that handles impressively too and is the most fun to drive of all the new retro muscle cars.

good post. +1 :thumb:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back