MGW For TR6060 Prototype?

srt2stang725

Reaction score
i know the gt500 trans has a remote shifter setup, and if the camaro is anything like the old ones its a top mount shifter....but who knows...I never understood why MGW does not make one for the gt500 yet

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
How come the Shelby short throw shifter isn't mentioned? I have one and love it. It the 2 support bars instead of 1 like the Pro 5.0.

trill gear head

forum member
Reaction score
^ I'm not sure how hard you bang the gears but I'm not going to break 1 support brace so that doesn't worry me. The reason that I want an MGW is because of the adjustability of the shifting distance. My next choice would be Pro 5.0 again, because its supposed to have a shorter throwing distance between gears.

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think I'd ever break a support bar, it just seems to me it would hold the trans in place a little better during high rpm shifts. Also, the Shelby is the only one to have stops in it. That's the only reason I went with it over the Pro 5.0. I had an MGW with the 5 speed and didn't like it. The adjustablilty is a nice feature but after I got the Pro 5.0 I never thought "if only I could adjust it". Seems more like a gimmick to me.

me32

forum member
Reaction score
why would you need stops the TR6060 should have internal stops

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back