Mild bolt on 2011 M6, first time out

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
So I took it out for the first time last night, first time down the track in any car for 7-8 years. DA was horrible at +2200, but hit the high 11 I was hoping for. I know it's nothing special for these cars but I was happy, and forgot how fun it is.

I was particularly happy that with just LCAs, relo brackets, and slicks I was able to cut 1.6x short times with ease, despite being on sportlines and koni yellows, no other suspension mods.

Power wise just have off road x, k&n drop in, GT500 axle back, and dyno tune, and was running fairly heavy 20x8.5 front street wheel/tire setup. I removed the passenger seat also (power seat) and my sub, but probably still 3800-3900 lbs race weight.

Got me pretty excited about what it will do with skinnys up front and playing with air pressure and shock settings (rears were set pretty firm the whole night), not to mention better air. I would guess if I could optimize all that it would probably go high 1.5's and do 11.6 around 118.

Sorry for the book just got bit by the 1/4 bug again for the first time in forever.

Here is the slip from the best run before the air totally went to shit:

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
Nice- what rear gears do you have- car 60 footed pretty decent for the et- but like you said the da was high( probably normal for this time of year) how many miles you got on the stock clutch - lol- wander how many passes on slicks it will take-

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not sure how much more the stock clutch will like, has 60k, I got it at 44k, not sure if it is original or not. Still feels really solid, can chirp 4th most times, but I really don't abuse it a lot. Car has factory 3.73 rear gears

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Very nice times, especially considering your short list of mods! I don't mind when people post "books" at all. If it's informative, it's good imo.

What was your rwhp, and tq, before the cat-less pipes and dyno tune?

Last edited by a moderator:

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Nice- what rear gears do you have- car 60 footed pretty decent for the et- but like you said the da was high( probably normal for this time of year) how many miles you got on the stock clutch - lol- wander how many passes on slicks it will take-
I bet with those 3.73's, his clutch will live for a nice long time. If he was on 3.31's I'd say he might be on borrowed time running in the same range though, lol!

Back