MMD Hood scoop or no?

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
So I wasn't happy with the fitment and quality of the cowl hood and I sold it, and threw my stock hood back....never mind the alignment of it....it was a quick throw on last night....

My question is I have this MMD Hood scoop and im up in the air on it....what do u guys think?

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Lastly I am planning on painting the front again similar to this

wckdgt

forum member
Reaction score
Why?

Edit: Are hood scoops bolted or taped down?

my scoop was riveted down. that was the main reason I got my cowl hood. most scoops are stick on. I don't think some scoops look bad im just big on taped on parts

28ONE

Reaction score
my scoop was riveted down. that was the main reason I got my cowl hood. most scoops are stick on. I don't think some scoops look bad im just big on taped on parts

I agree with the taped on parts...

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
If it was funcional, hell yes. It's fake, so I am on the fence.

Heck, my car is a California Special (comes with fake side scoops) and I always debate removing them...

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Decent replies here guys thanks......it has double sided tape and bolts...the only problem is if I put it on correctly I mess up the hood....guess that would mean id have fork out the change for a good cowl next time....lol

DonkeyLips

forum member
Reaction score
Whether its bolted on or taped, what difference does it make? At the end of the day it is still a fake hood scoop.

Personally, I don't like fake scoops. That's one thing that always bugged me about Ford .. they love fake scoops.

I would go with a shaker if I wanted a hood scoop. A functional one .. not a stick on :)

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Whether its bolted on or taped, what difference does it make? At the end of the day it is still a fake hood scoop.

Personally, I don't like fake scoops. That's one thing that always bugged me about Ford .. they love fake scoops.

I would go with a shaker if I wanted a hood scoop. A functional one .. not a stick on :)

I was simply referring too thw idea I could tape it on to see if I liked it then remove it.....but if I bolt it on its pretty much permanent.....I like the shaker had one on my 06 but cant run a strut bar....and I actually like the subtile stability of it...so I want to keep it...

ZGrand

forum member
Reaction score
Been thinking about getting one myself. But I'm on the fence, too. I like the looks, but I keep thinking about all the redneck trucks I see around here with cheap plastic scoops stuck on the hoods. If it were functional in some way, I'd be all over it.

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Been thinking about getting one myself. But I'm on the fence, too. I like the looks, but I keep thinking about all the redneck trucks I see around here with cheap plastic scoops stuck on the hoods. If it were functional in some way, I'd be all over it.

Hey I was thinking if im going to drill holes in it to mount it....why not cut a hole in it and make it functional.....some how?

Once I mounted it correctly per say and not just taped on the hood is pretty much useless at that point. ...thoughts?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back