MORE dissapointing #'s from the dyno...im done w/ s197's

RSKtakR

Reaction score
Circle D out of Houston for the converter
and should i stick w/ a 3k stall? i dont plan on modding the car much more. if i keep it (which i think i will be) it will be getting a built shortblock that i will get a GREAT deal on from a local shop... :popcorneat: LMFAO

Tommygun

forum member
Reaction score
as for your nitrous, im not a big ZEX fan. They tend to disappoint people with numbers, they are eh imo. I think with a better set up you will make more tq/power and with the help of the NANO system your car should run good at the track.

I think 3k is a decent stall speed for your car.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
as for your nitrous, im not a big ZEX fan. They tend to disappoint people with numbers, they are eh imo. I think with a better set up you will make more tq/power and with the help of the NANO system your car should run good at the track.

I think 3k is a decent stall speed for your car.

which brand then?

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
i have to agree with shit canning your TCI. i had one in my 05 GT and it wasnt worth a damn.

also, im not sure if anyone mentioned this...but what was your bottle pressure at when these pulls were made?

Kankakee

I dunno.
Reaction score
The ZEX kit is rated at flywheel HP, right? Where as kits such as HSW are rated at RWHP for their jettings.

EDIT: I would go with the HSW plate kit.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
i have to agree with shit canning your TCI. i had one in my 05 GT and it wasnt worth a damn.

also, im not sure if anyone mentioned this...but what was your bottle pressure at when these pulls were made?

i dont have a bottle pressure guage yet. the nano kit is suppose to keep presure at 950-1000psi consistantly..and my nano bottle still has 2000psi left in it.. we thought we might have run out of nitrous so we checked the bottle, it wasnt empty or anything but it was topped off just to make sure.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
The ZEX kit is rated at flywheel HP, right? Where as kits such as HSW are rated at RWHP for their jettings.

EDIT: I would go with the HSW plate kit.

well im not using the jetting thatt zex recommends, i went off the jetting that NANO recommends for 125 WHP.. (54 for N20 and 37 for fuel, but we used a 38 for fuel instead because a 37 wasnt available at the time) zex recommends 54 for N20 and 34 for fuel for 125 HP shot. i would like to get the HSW plate, and ditch the nozzle as well.. i thought about getting the plate and just using it w/ my zex box.

Last edited:

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
i agree with worrying about track numbers instead of power numbers. i was happy about about my nitrous power numbers (423rwhp/523rwtq) on a 100 shot but NOWHERE near as happy as my track numbers and the amount of track kills i got at the track every outing. Especially the street bike kill at the track!

not sure if this has anything to do with it but... are the hot rod cams good cams to use for nitrous? dont know too much about cams but aren't there cams that are good combos with nitrous, and some that aren't? your tq numbers seem low compared to other nitrous tq numbers ive seen

RSKtakR

Reaction score
i agree with worrying about track numbers instead of power numbers. i was happy about about my nitrous power numbers (423rwhp/523rwtq) on a 100 shot but NOWHERE near as happy as my track numbers and the amount of track kills i got at the track every outing. Especially the street bike kill at the track!

not sure if this has anything to do with it but... are the hot rod cams good cams to use for nitrous? dont know too much about cams but aren't there cams that are good combos with nitrous, and some that aren't? your tq numbers seem low compared to other nitrous tq numbers ive seen

i agree my torque #'s do seem pretty low compaired to other nitrous cars.. and these cams arent the BEST for nitrous, but they arent bad at all either..
the specs are:
221/240 @.50” duration, 472/472 lift, 110 LSA

ivve heard other people doing fairly well w/ these cams and spray.. but i think those were alos 5spd cars to.. ?

RSKtakR

Reaction score
That's exactly what that is, my tuner specifically tuned the trans and it never happened again and that is with my tci stall

so is that NOT suppose to happen w/ the auto/stall combo? is something NOT being done correctly while the car is on the dyno? and wouldnt it still end up being the same kind of #'s w/ that correction IF there was a correction to be made?

Kankakee

I dunno.
Reaction score
so is that NOT suppose to happen w/ the auto/stall combo? is something NOT being done correctly while the car is on the dyno? and wouldnt it still end up being the same kind of #'s w/ that correction IF there was a correction to be made?

Did you read the other post I posted above? I think it explains it in there.

antonio1988

Redline: 8600rpm
Reaction score

When the converter stays locked, the numbers are higher, period. You want lockup in the converter to make sure that power gets to the tires

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
That's why I asked if the TC was locked during the pulls earlier in the thread. That graph looks rough. While it should have been locked during a 4th gear pull it may have not been if your operator went in there and manually commanded it to lock in 4th. I would make sure the TC was locked though. Maybe it's just another TCI TC taking a shit. Either that or the PCM pulled timing.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What was the TORQUE number? Nitrous is all about torque. 3 years ago when I was on nitrous I was on a 125 shot and running 7.30s in the 1/8th. Get an ET to see. I will say this though, don't even bother if you don't have DRs for the track.

Also the main thing is the 60lb injectors, I would think you would run out of fuel with that size of injector at about 650 or so.

Last edited:

RSKtakR

Reaction score
What was the TORQUE number? Nitrous is all about torque. 3 years ago when I was on nitrous I was on a 125 shot and running 7.30s in the 1/8th. Get an ET to see. I will say this though, don't even bother if you don't have DRs for the track.

Also the main thing is the 60lb injectors, I would think you would run out of fuel with that size of injector at about 650 or so.[/QUOTE]

what do you mean? im still on the stock injectors, and im running a BAP. i had bought some 39# injectors but everyone said i wouldnt need them until i get to 450whp +..which i wont.

torque was 372 and 384 (which seem low for nitrous) i posted 2 dyno sheets on page 6 of this thread.

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry--that last statement was an addition to my original post, and I thought I was on SDs Procharger thread.....

And that torque number is really low for N20.

So, that begs the question---what was your bottle pressure? I am just asking as when I had my car dyno'd 3 years ago on nitrous, I gained 34 rwhp by raising the pressure from 900 to 1050 with no other changes. I know in the instructions Zex recommends 950 psi but after that I always ran 1000---not sure what your kit recommends, but whatever that number is, did you verify you had that pressure?

Last edited:

antonio1988

Redline: 8600rpm
Reaction score
Sorry--that last statement was an addition to my original post, and I thought I was on SDs Procharger thread.....

And that torque number is really low for N20.

So, that begs the question---what was your bottle pressure? I am just asking as when I had my car dyno'd 3 years ago on nitrous, I gained 34 rwhp by raising the pressure from 900 to 1050 with no other changes. I know in the instructions Zex recommends 950 psi but after that I always ran 1000---not sure what your kit recommends, but whatever that number is, did you verify you had that pressure?

+1 on the bottle pressure, 1050psi is what you want for the absolute best hit

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Ok so I looked at your dyno sheet and when I had my stock converter on nitrous my dyno sheet looked similar. It had that weird peak valley thing and the converter was locking / unlocking. So your converter may in fact be part of the problem.

But check the nitrous system to--make sure its working correctly and you have the right pressure.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back