MORE dissapointing #'s from the dyno...im done w/ s197's

area5179

Reaction score
wow. I guess I'm lucky. got my Gt dyno'd a year after i got it and it was making 290hp and 314tq with only SLP Loudmouths and no other mods at all. was dyno'd in late fall on a cool day. was at atco and made my first run. my et was an abysmal 17.3 at 101mph. I was looking at my speedo and thinking it was my tach and stalled out at the line. I felt like such a dumb azz.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Other than a torque converter, I am NOT throwing anymore power to my car..Instead, I will run it the track as much as my brutal schedule will allow, and see if I can break an 11.49..But, no more mods adding to power. It has enough power for a low 11, I just need to get it there now. Driver mod, maybe some weight reduction, and maybe some more suspension(depending on how it does with a real launch after a TC) are all thats in the future..

With your 115.65 trap speed, I predict that with a good stall converter you're gonna run 11.80's. Please don't buy a TCI stall converter. I've heard way too many people complain about how bad they work.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Dyno numbers. Buncha bullshit. Wanna piss people off? Tell them you know this guy with 477hp and only 8psi but he runs 10.80's at 128 and watch them lose their fuckin' minds.

Ask stkjock......he asked me to post some things on some board where he's a moderator and the blower boys went completely batshit. Even to the point of threatening to kick my ass at a race track somewhere (if I had a dollar for everytime that shit happened....).

Repeat after me: Dynos don't win drag races. If you want a dyno queen go get a fuckin Turdminator with a Kenne Bell or a goddamn Corvette.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
With your 115.65 trap speed, I predict that with a good stall converter you're gonna run 11.80's. Please don't buy a TCI stall converter. I've heard way too many people complain about how bad they work.

That's why I dont have a TC yet, I wont put in a POS TCI. I will wait as long as it takes, but Im getting one customer made by Lenny..

Dyno numbers. Buncha bullshit. Wanna piss people off? Tell them you know this guy with 477hp and only 8psi but he runs 10.80's at 128 and watch them lose their fuckin' minds.

Ask stkjock......he asked me to post some things on some board where he's a moderator and the blower boys went completely batshit. Even to the point of threatening to kick my ass at a race track somewhere (if I had a dollar for everytime that shit happened....).

Repeat after me: Dynos don't win drag races. If you want a dyno queen go get a fuckin Turdminator with a Kenne Bell or a goddamn Corvette.

^^LMAO:thumb2:.."Turdinators"..Most of them end up being in the 12's and 600 whp..:stooges:

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
320hp/289tq stock bottom end, n/a, daily driver 90k miles, 3720lbs

12.0's at 4 different tracks, 1000+ DA

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
How do you lock out 5th gear on the dyno with an auto if the button on the shifter doesn't cut it?

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
strange you would mention Corvette...i know a guy back in NOLA with a Vette. it put down 377 through the auto and was running 11.70s at 119 all night on nittos.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Thanks Greg.

Would the car shifting into OD/5th cause the results to be skewed high or low?

Why does the button on the shifter not take care of this?

matt texass

Reaction score
Shouldn't it be shifting into 3rd. When you step on it. It should down shift not up shift right? (with the OD off that takes care of it shifting at the top of the run)

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When I dyno'd my car in 3rd it was a very short pull as it shifted into 4th gear and did not run through the rpm's...plus 3rd gear is not 1:1 which is the gear that gives the most accurate power reading..for the 5r555 the 1:1 gear is 4th gear.

Without the dyno tune locking out the gears it will either give you skewed results in 3rd or try to shift into 5th regardless of whether or not the O/D button is off.

SirKnightTG

forum member
Reaction score

LOL I remember that conversation. A while back I happened to find that thread again (I don't remember what I was searching for) and it was a good laugh. That one whipple guy was getting really butt hurt there.

03Glock

EX New Edge
Reaction score
I have the same car with the same mods... Only differnce is I am on a 100 shot and I don't have a Nano kit. My car made, 370whp and 460wtq. Car went 11.5 at 113 in the Qm.

antonio1988

Redline: 8600rpm
Reaction score
Lol... Dude I just went to the dyno day of my club and with full bolt ons and a 125 shot my car only made 398rwhp, granted the dyno was also different than the one who tunes my car at BBR. Went to the track that same night with my measley under 400rwhp and ran 7.55@93mph and [email protected] with 20s on the front and no weight transfer (riding on the bumpstops). Trust me, dyno's are tools, the track tells the true story

Joser281

Reaction score
So if you are done with your S197, I'll trade you your headers for my shorty headers and you can still bump up the price because it still has "headers":oops:

Tommygun

forum member
Reaction score
he is going to have a aneurysm today once he finds out what his boss's son car made last night lol

The biggest killer on the dyno is the 3k stall and being a auto. I bet the car runs its ass off on the strip. If you want a dyno number swap in a 6spd and call it a day, till then enjoy the way your car looks and sounds. I have a stock sounding car that does 100mph rolling burn outs, but its not as sexy as your car :)

RSKtakR

Reaction score
he is going to have a aneurysm today once he finds out what his boss's son car made last night lol

The biggest killer on the dyno is the 3k stall and being a auto. I bet the car runs its ass off on the strip. If you want a dyno number swap in a 6spd and call it a day, till then enjoy the way your car looks and sounds. I have a stock sounding car that does 100mph rolling burn outs, but its not as sexy as your car :)

LOL no im not.. Randy texted me lastnight nad told me... i think my MAIN problem is the auto, and that TCI stall.. ive heard alot of bad things and problems w/ that stall..so i will be looking into getting a different brand like PI or something. everyone says i should run it at the strip.. so i will, and see what happens.. i was looking at my dyno sheet and was curious as to the torque #'s (372.34)are those normal w/ the nitrous? i know nitrous adds quite a bit of torque.. but is that just at the initial hit or through the entire power band? sorry for the not so great pics. the first pic shows 387.14whp and 372.34 torque, the second shows 383.95whp and 384.44 torque

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back