Moroso Coolant Tanks/ Afco fan switch

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Operation Cool Down

Ordered a Afco dual fan HE.....from a forum member:thumb: Thanks Fast3v

Moroso Coolant tank and Moroso GT500 Supercharger Coolant tank.

Wondering how they fit in your car? I have the m90 so the supercharger tank is really small. AM has the GT500 unit on sale for a great price $259 as well.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/moroso-coolanttank-gt500.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/moroso-expansiontank-0510.html?source=igodigital

Overall goal is to keep heat soak at bay when at the track. Car is quite consistant but every little bit more helps.

Has anybody put a switch on their Afco fan? What part did you use?
I can see when there will be times you dont want it running.....like when loading a tune. Yeah I could pull the fuse but just looking at a switch for ease of use.

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
Isn't your battery in the trunk now?
If so, I'd probably run the Moroso coolant tank made for the battery tray.

I think that GT500 tank is going to require relocating the power steering reservoir.
Pretty sure, but not 100% positive.

YoungPony

forum member
Reaction score
I have my afco fan wired to a SOS cup holder switch panel. Great company and great product. I removed the wiring harness that came with the Afco and wired from the battery to a relay to the fans directly and then tapped the passenger kick panel fuse box for an always hot wire for the switch so I can run the fans when the car if off, like while cooling at the track same with the pump.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
No battery in trunk. Don't want to have a cutoff switch on the outside of my trunk. My track would require it. If I have to move the PS tank than so be it. It's small enough. Good info, thanks young pony.

YoungPony

forum member
Reaction score
No problem. It's nice also while i'm cruising on the freeway or just around town where my intake temps stay under control I can turn the fans, which would other whys always be on, off and I can turn off the pump till my intake temps start climbing

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Living in the tropics those fans will be on all the time except for loading tunes etc.... no reason to put a drain on the battery. I can hardly wait to get all this stuff here and installed.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Update:

I have a specific slow tune to run my Pro Street class. Its setup to run 12.90 Depending on the DA it will run a tenth slower or faster.

Ran the car with just the afco fan. Car was 2-3 tenths faster on every run.

Added the moroso supercharger tank. Car was now 4-5 tenths faster. Car was running 12.4s-12.5s. Oviously with a 12.90 Index I was doing some heavy braking. LOL

I had no idea my car was so heat soaked. I was blown away at the difference. Looking forward to Januarys TNT session to where I can run my full power tune and try for that 11 second slip.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back