Motor mount question

BLACK-MACHINE

living my 2nd child hood
Reaction score
i just bought the prothane motor mounts and read the instruction's on the install.. my question is.
why is it necessary to remove bracket from the engine, it looks as though there is enough room to slide out the old and install the new on.
sorry for the newb but mustangs are all new to me.
thanks, stephan.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I never bothered to remove the mounts from the engine. You should be fine just sliding the new mounts under.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
When I installed mine I had to remove the passenger side bracket because I couldn't lift the engine high enough to get the long stud out from under the mount.

If I had to do it again I would have just cut the stud off since I was throwing them out anyway.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I didn't remove the bracket either(or read the instructions).

^^^Same here! I did however have to remove the bracket to use the 1/2" spacers and extra long bolts for my UPR K-member but with the stock set up it was straight forward bolt-on.

99horsey

forum member
Reaction score
If I had to do it again I would have just cut the stud off since I was throwing them out anyway.

This is the easy way to do it. Zip off the studs with a Dremel and the OE mounts slide right out. Don't bother screwing with removing the brackets from the block.

msczesny1186

forum member
Reaction score
i just bought the prothane motor mounts and read the instruction's on the install.. my question is.
why is it necessary to remove bracket from the engine, it looks as though there is enough room to slide out the old and install the new on.
sorry for the newb but mustangs are all new to me.
thanks, stephan.

I just recently put a fresh set in mine... There is enough space if you jack the motor high enough to slip the old ones out and the new ones in. Do yourself a favor and go to the auto store and get a 8mm allen socket. Use a phone book underneath the oil pan when you jack it up.

BLACK-MACHINE

living my 2nd child hood
Reaction score
I just recently put a fresh set in mine... There is enough space if you jack the motor high enough to slip the old ones out and the new ones in. Do yourself a favor and go to the auto store and get a 8mm allen socket. Use a phone book underneath the oil pan when you jack it up.

thanks for that suggestion.

im good with tools, i made razor blades for 31 years.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back