MT ET fronts vs Sportsmans

jeostang

forum member
Reaction score
I need to get some front tires for my bogarts. I know the sportsmans are DOT, are they any other differences between the tires?

I won't be driving with them on the street, but I will probably enter in some classes that require a DOT class tire. For rear tires I have a set of ET streets and ET Drags.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have et fronts, they look better, they weigh less. I still drive them on the street lol

Blazing Saddles

I'm a "Pro Tree" Hugger
Reaction score
I wonder if DOT classes will allow them.

At New England Dragway

Street Eliminator class requires street tires or (DOT) tires at all 4 corners.

Wednesday Street Night requires street tires or (DOT) tires at all 4 corners.

Friday Street Night, race tires are permitted.

I have the ET Fronts and can only race on fridays, or test and tune days. Check the website for your local track to see what is permitted. I have seen cars not pass tech on Wednesday nights for having ET Fronts.

Last edited:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I guess YMMV - all of the racing classes out here just pertain to the rear tires when they say DOT required. Blaze is right though, yu should check with your local tracks.

I just put on the ET fronts but have had the sportsmans for a long time. The sportsman are quite a bit heavier and 7.5" wide, but they are a good street tire and I drove round trip to famoso on them (140 miles each way) twice.

I switched cause the et fronts are quite a bit lighter and I'm trying to do a wheely now...lol

Back