Mustang triva when where....

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
When and in what model was this shift used? Assuming it was of course. I was told it was but no other information. And just so you know I already bought like it, very much, and it is mounted in the picture in my 2010 GT so there is no help there other than the shift knob itself. :cheers:

_1012182a.jpg

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
Man I don't know. I really am just trying to find out. I couldn't help myself when I saw it had to have it just a push over for carbon fiber.

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks that does seem to be correct. That web site had the picture below saved to it and indicated it was indeed from the FR500. Wow I actually got it for a pretty good price from what that old site said. Thanks again.

knob.jpg

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Well you're very welcome. Congrats on the find. It does indeed look the part, and it won't heat up like metal knobs.

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
Actually it isn't all that light.

More importantly don't let stories lead you astray. I made a 2" Delrin ball knob and got a 2" steel ball knob with my Steeda shifter. I used both and would happily live with the Delrin knob over the steel one. The steel is cold in the winter hot in the summer after driving a while and just needlessly heavy. It in no way made the car shift better. It might have damped out a bit of vibration but not significant in my car with urethane engine mounts and all three TAs changed. The FR5000 knob is heavier than the Delrin knob but no where near as heavy as the steel one. Like momma bear's porridge just right.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back