mustangs in snow

big-j

Reaction score
ok so alot of you may not know but traded the stang in for a s10 bout 2 months ago and im goin thru withdraws at the point id buy one and drive it in the winter who drives there s197s or any mustang in the snow and how good do they do??????

RedfireGT

forum member
Reaction score
depends really. I drove my step mothers 08 gt/cs in the snow and it had blizzacks on and it was champ. i went slow but it drove fine. no problems

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
I drive mine year round - 4 or 5 days a year. I put some weight in the trunk and drive smart and you'll be fine.

Fast351

I can't drive 55
Reaction score
Depends. I brought my 11 home on the nicest day in December here in Minnesota. It was not a fun drive. The main roads were OK, but the residential streets were hard packed snow, so they were slick. The Brembo package on mine with the PZero tires (summer only) are WORTHLESS. It was like driving a hockey puck.

That said, I drove Mustangs plenty in the winter before this one. It all depends on the rubber you put on the car. Low profile summer only tires are exactly that, summer only. That compound is hard as a rock in 30 degree weather and offers no traction. On the other hand, a decent M+S tire will get you through just fine. Just don't drive like a nut.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
I put sand bags in the trunk and it does fine as long as your not hot rodding it and there isn't too much... Mine is lowered so anything over 4-5" and I'm done

big-j

Reaction score
i figured sum weight and winter tires they would do ok my s10 got 300lbs in the bed and its does rly good cause you cant hotrod in it it got a lil 2.2 so slower than balls lol

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Chrisspics028.jpg

Chrisspics031.jpg

Chrisspics030.jpg

Drove like a champ!!!

Reaction score
ok so alot of you may not know but traded the stang in for a s10 bout 2 months ago and im goin thru withdraws at the point id buy one and drive it in the winter who drives there s197s or any mustang in the snow and how good do they do??????

English translation:

I traded my Mustang in for a Chevrolet S-10 about 2 months ago. The Mustang was super fun compared to the mullet trailer park dump truck Leroy sold me at the "buy here pay here". I am going through withdrawals due to the absence of a super cool vehicle being in my life, such as the Ford Mustang. Does anyone drive their S197 Ford Mustang in the snow and how well do they perform?

:beerdrink:

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
drive mine everyday. It has snowed more this season than I can ever remember. Mine still has 20's on toyo proxes untill I an get rid of them.

big-j

Reaction score
ahh thank you for that sir now i feel like goin emo.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
I hear ya Roper... I wiped mine out a couple years back because my Nitto 555Rs couldn't get traction... The drags are much worse.

JimC

Reaction score
I drive mine every day - 45 miles one way commute. I have 165,000 miles on it now and have driven it through some big snowstorms.

No extra weight in the car and on the stock Pirelli Pzero's.

Alter Ego Trip

Pot Stirring Aficianado
Reaction score
I personally feel way more comfortable in a RWD vehicle than FWD. It feels way more controllable to me. I think the 4x4 button in my truck has been turned on a handful of times in the last 4 years, and those were to pull my bass boat out of the crappy loading banks we have here, lol.

I've driven quite a few RWD cars in the snow over the years including; 2 Mustangs, Astro Van, 300zxtt. I don't think I owned a 4x4 or FWD till I got married, and that was for my wife. :)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back