My first PDX event coming up

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm heading out to Houston MSR for the SCCA Circuit de Mayo PDX Friday, May 1. This will be my first PDX event and I'm completely stoked!!

Other than adhering to the tech sheet on SCCA website for PDX events, any tips for first timers? Anybody on this board going to be out there?

Thanks,
Austin

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
If there's a miracle, I might.

When I say miracle, I mean stars aligning, Cthulu rising, pigs flying miracle.

Get a brake flush, get good pads, get a good helmet, and have fun.

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
The TX region PDX/Club Trial I did last year was great. Tons of fun, maybe the best track event I've ever done.

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
Alright, coming up in a week, I flushed my brakes, have some new pads, but now a few stupid noob questions:

Do I need to bring my own stick-on number or will they have one for me at the PDX? or is it even needed?

The tech sheet makes mention of loose items, do I need to leave my spare + jack out of the car or just make sure it is tightened down with the bolt/nut to the trunk?

Any other big noob mistakes I can avoid? Need to leave the floor mats at home type things? LOL

Thanks for any advise guys, i'm really looking forward to next week!

Austin

tigercrazy718

Reaction score
Alright, coming up in a week, I flushed my brakes, have some new pads, but now a few stupid noob questions:

Do I need to bring my own stick-on number or will they have one for me at the PDX? or is it even needed?

The tech sheet makes mention of loose items, do I need to leave my spare + jack out of the car or just make sure it is tightened down with the bolt/nut to the trunk?

Any other big noob mistakes I can avoid? Need to leave the floor mats at home type things? LOL

Thanks for any advise guys, i'm really looking forward to next week!

Austin

Hey I'm going to be at the same event. Feel free to come say hi, my name is Ian and I'll be in a blacked out '08 with the numbers 718. As far as numbers, bring some blue painters tape to make your own numbers. I think you're fine with the spare bolted in the back, but I normally just pull it out at the track. Just remember to take it easy since this is your first time, and listen to your instructor. Definitely try and get a ride with your instructor as well. Drink plenty of water, bring a chair or something to sit on, and a cooler if you want it. Make sure your wheels are torqued down too.

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome man! My name is Austin and I'll be in an '09 Vista Blue GT with the number 45 on it. Will be sure to stop by!

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
Had a blast!!! Thanks Ian for the pointers out there!

I was completely shocked at how 'bad' of a driver I was coming into that event... Definitely requires a ridiculous amount of skill and focus. By the end of the day I think I was 5X improved but need to get 100X before I can even look at myself in the mirror - now i'm hooked lol

How bout the number of Nissan Z's out there?? good heavens...

Austin

tigercrazy718

Reaction score
It was really cool meeting you! Like I said it would be cheaper to be addicted to cocaine versus this sport. Hope to see you out there often now!

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
I was completely shocked at how 'bad' of a driver I was coming into that event... Definitely requires a ridiculous amount of skill and focus. By the end of the day I think I was 5X improved but need to get 100X before I can even look at myself in the mirror - now i'm hooked lol
Just a wee bit different from any street driving you've ever done, right :gr_grin:

Norm

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back