MY Gauge cluster

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
do all the gauges still work? So far my fuel, temp, and oil pressure gauges have quit,lol

doodad

Let's race!
Reaction score
Whoever buys this will have an 11k miled car :D My car is at 43k right now and it was at 48k 5 months ago :D

Whatever is on the gauge is what you will see when you plug it in to your car.

Source: First hand experience.

Infamous05

forum member
Reaction score
Whoever buys this will have an 11k miled car :D My car is at 43k right now and it was at 48k 5 months ago :D

Whatever is on the gauge is what you will see when you plug it in to your car.

Source: First hand experience.
HMMMMMMMMMM THIS COULD WORK :evillaugh: Damn carfax though. OP I am going to call ford in the morning and if it isn't an arm and a leg you will have a pm.

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
too bad it would be possible to trace the milage. I wouldnt mind having an 11,000 mile car, altho mine would never pass as such.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
too bad it would be possible to trace the milage. I wouldnt mind having an 11,000 mile car, altho mine would never pass as such.

and it's a federal offense. I bought a nice, low mile, used car from a lot, after a month trying to get the POS's lights to work more often than not I traded it for a new Ford. 3 months later I got a call from the dealership I traded it to. The person who had bought the car was working with someone from the fed gvt to track down whoever rolled back the mileage.

dabad1

forum member
Reaction score
Gauge cluster

Alwayz if your not sure about the mileage put (exempt )that will save your ass &help someone else.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Alwayz if your not sure about the mileage put (exempt )that will save your ass &help someone else.

Ford can reflash it, there's a dealer in the Seattle area that sells the mycolor clusters used and he flashes them to your actual mileage. Your price is much better FWIW.

doodad

Let's race!
Reaction score
I personally put a sticker right underneath my door sticker stating exactly this "due to a gauge cluster replacement, add 9,100 miles to current mileage. 11/20/2010 and my initials.

I did that because I am an honest person, and wouldnt screw anyone like this even if it was not a federal offense or if i knew i could get away with it, and I am pretty sure the car would not make anyone suspicious.

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
Do they not check your mileage during an inspection?

Took in my mom's F150 to get an inspection at jiffy lube and when they came back it had the previoulsy inspected mileage and the current mileage written on the inspection sheet...

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
You should have a harness behind your dash where there is a blank button set depending on what year V6 you have that isnt being used. Plug in your cluster and button set

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not all S197's have the harness. Something about a 3-5 month period in 05-06 that Ford was involved with a lawsuit for using the "mycolor" terminology or idea. I forget which...so come cars were produced without that harness section.

RH

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
So for my 08 gt that doesn't have mycolor originally all I would have to do would be swap these in and plug them into this harness you speak of?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back