My GT350 pics -- LA Auto Show

DeepImpactPony

forum member
Reaction score
I drove the new one a couple weeks ago, and it didn't impress me enough to merit trading in my 2013, but that Shelby GT350 has my attention. I might bite the bullet for that one.

Dread53

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I looked at a new one the other day and finally figured out what was bothering me about the front end - it's the fender line. The curve of the fender just makes the whole front end of the car look too 'tall' and upsets to rake look of every other mustang besides the II. I don't know if I'll ever be able to get past that.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well this will be my next car. I am hoping by next summer.

I hope they will offer that silver with blue stripes. If not, then silver with the black stripes (as shown in the CGI pictures released) will do.

The only thing that will prevent this is if the dealerships decide to mark up the price $20K as a "market adjustment" like they are doing to the Hellcats. But the Ford rep I spoke to at the Ford area at the LA Auto show said that production numbers will be similar to the GT500, so there will be plenty to go around to hopefully prevent that.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
This is the car my wife and I plan on adding to our garage... Hope they offer the glass roof again...

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
I love this car and the starting number floating around is $52,995 which isn't to bad imo

ford20

forum member
Reaction score

I hope they will offer that silver with blue stripes. If not, then silver with the black stripes (as shown in the CGI pictures released) will do.

The only thing that will prevent this is if the dealerships decide to mark up the price $20K as a "market adjustment" like they are doing to the Hellcats. But the Ford rep I spoke to at the Ford area at the LA Auto show said that production numbers will be similar to the GT500, so there will be plenty to go around to hopefully prevent that.

Man, I hope so. I would love to have one of these. I have to stop coming into this thread to drool over this car lol.

BlackDragon

Large Member
Reaction score

The avalanche grey from the reveal video!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Dunno about the blue stripes tho...:thud:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh is that what they call that color? Avalanche Grey? I liked it because it was in between the vapor silver and mineral grey. Looked like a great compromise between the two.

Ok, maybe that and flat black stripes. I don't know, it looks like I will have at least 6 or 7 months to think about it as I do not think they will be taking orders till early summer of next year?

Also what I find interesting is they are saying 500+ horsepower, but the actual number has not been released. I wonder what the actual number will be? 550? 520? 501? Just curious as what the + means.

BlackDragon

Large Member
Reaction score
Oh is that what they call that color? Avalanche Grey? I liked it because it was in between the vapor silver and mineral grey. Looked like a great compromise between the two.

Ok, maybe that and flat black stripes. I don't know, it looks like I will have at least 6 or 7 months to think about it as I do not think they will be taking orders till early summer of next year?

Also what I find interesting is they are saying 500+ horsepower, but the actual number has not been released. I wonder what the actual number will be? 550? 520? 501? Just curious as what the + means.

I'm hoping for a black with avalanche grey stripes. Can't wait to upgrade to this car. As far as the horsepower, what I hear through the grapevine is that ford is reigning it in for drive-ability and regulations, because the motor is a beast. Which makes me hope that it has all the potential it seems to have.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I thought they were going to have a track setting, in which case that would bump up the power some. I know they will have a setting to dump the exhaust before the mufflers, that will be awesome when driving on the 15 fwy to Vegas.

In general though, screw drivability. I want horsepower.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok so I did a bunch of reading on it, here is what I find interesting. Really disappointed though that they didn't have one accessible on the floor of the LA Auto Show. I wanted to get in it, check out the interior, the engine compartment, the exhaust system, and the suspension.

1) The body from the windshield forward is unique and it sits 2 inches lower vs the GT. Its wider also, with the front track +35mm
2) 5.2 liter (315 to 317 cid) has a 8200 rpm redline with all new crank, pistons, cylinder heads, and intake.
3) 6 piston front calipers and 4 piston rear calipers on 395 mm front two piece rotors and 380 mm two piece rear rotors (approx 15 inch)
4) wheels 19X10.5 up front, 19X11 rear
5) lightweight 6 speed Tremec 3160 manual trans that shifts easily even at high rpm (we will see)
6) Track pack will be available.
7) Has three different driving modes with adjustable settings for suspension AND EXHAUST.
8 ) Recaro bucket seats and flat bottom steering wheel
9) Technology options (I won't be getting those, keep the weight down)
10) Track apps. Launch control between 3,000 to 4,500 rpm. Front brakes applied while no brakes on rear (sounds like a line lock).

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Considering your uses for it, I don't think it will matter much but it looks like that when it is time to change rotors you will have to buy a whole new set of rotors, not just a ring like you would with conventional two piece rotors. Just as an FYI.

BlackDragon

Large Member
Reaction score
Ok so I did a bunch of reading on it, here is what I find interesting. Really disappointed though that they didn't have one accessible on the floor of the LA Auto Show. I wanted to get in it, check out the interior, the engine compartment, the exhaust system, and the suspension.

1) The body from the windshield forward is unique and it sits 2 inches lower vs the GT. Its wider also, with the front track +35mm
2) 5.2 liter (315 to 317 cid) has a 8200 rpm redline with all new crank, pistons, cylinder heads, and intake.
3) 6 piston front calipers and 4 piston rear calipers on 395 mm front two piece rotors and 380 mm two piece rear rotors (approx 15 inch)
4) wheels 19X10.5 up front, 19X11 rear
5) lightweight 6 speed Tremec 3160 manual trans that shifts easily even at high rpm (we will see)
6) Track pack will be available.
7) Has three different driving modes with adjustable settings for suspension AND EXHAUST.
8 ) Recaro bucket seats and flat bottom steering wheel
9) Technology options (I won't be getting those, keep the weight down)
10) Track apps. Launch control between 3,000 to 4,500 rpm. Front brakes applied while no brakes on rear (sounds like a line lock).

Trans also has a dual disc clutch with lightweight flywheel. I think It'll do great.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Nope. The point is to allow uniform expansion that prevents warping of the rotor. With the different compositions of the hat and the rotor it allows the hat to expand without puting pressure on the ring which is one of the main features of a two piece rotor.

___2016GT350brakezz.jpg

SHWRotorCutaway.jpg

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't know what the deal is, but I think it looks much better in this color scheme. But I get why they introduced the white with blue le mans stripes, like the original in 1965.

2016-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-photo.jpg~original

2016_ford_mustang_shelby_gt350.jpg~original

Last edited:

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
I agree I prefer the looks of that other decklid more, but with all the aero work Ford did on the car that little lip spoiler probably is most optimized across the spectrum. Similar to how the KR actually used v6 flat spoiler rather than the GT500 version

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
The stripes aren't the right color (should be Guardsman Blue). And if they're vinyl, they're gonna eventually degrade and start pulling off.

The GT350 doesn't look different enough from a regular Mustang. The front bumper fascia has to change, it needs a front splitter, and it needs a GT500-style spoiler on the decklid.

The 350R needs side-exit exhaust to *replace* the rear exit exhaust, and it needs to have no rear seat, light-weight racing seats, and no stereo/sound/tech gadgets. In other words, all business, no fluff.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back