My GT500 In-Car footage from the National Anthem Flag Pull at the NASCAR EcoBoost 400

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I was able to be part of the opening ceremony at the EcoBoost 400 this past weekend and got some video footage which can be seen below.

It was truly an awesome experience, and you couldn't believe how much work goes into a performance like that. When the day of the race came, I felt honored, excited, and nervous all at the same time. We practiced for days to get the timing correct... and with 6 vehicles, it's difficult. I'm also used to racing in a straight line and I must say, cornering at 120-150 is a huge rush!

Much of our practice did not include the flag and driving under the flag is much different than out in the open.

We (Livernois) fitted both cars with smoke systems, similar to what you would see at an air show to add to the "cool factor". The cars basically had straight pipes from the manifolds back with a nice set of Corsa tips (no mufflers), so they were very loud. We were going off of voice command by handheld radios that were difficult to hear inside the cars.

We also had some hurdles to get through with NASCAR and them allowing the smoke kits. They had to be sure they weren't leaving anything on the track surface.

It's definitely not something I will forget.

Some photos

IMG_3402.jpg

IMG_3404.jpg

IMG_3405.jpg

IMG_3415.jpg

IMG_3417.jpg

IMG_3422.jpg

IMG_3420.jpg

IMG_3430.jpg

My parents and I

IMG_3431.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

Last edited:

GTSpecial

forum member
Reaction score
Get OUTTA here! I was in the stands while this was going on. You were my favorite part of the intro without a doubt. Stang sounded mean coming down the straight! Hats off to you bud.

Edit: Not to hijack your thread but if you want to see and hear how AWESOME this was then check out the video I got on my phone... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t01BJWZgovk

Sorry about the straight up video but the beer had the best of me at this point ;)

Last edited:

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score
I watched that race and that entire flag & car display had my full attention. I remember very clearly wondering who was driving those GT500's underneath the flag and now I know.

Truly something I've never seen before and it was memorable!

BlueByYou

Tuscarora Native American
Reaction score
That's some James Bond shit right there!! Is Livernois gonna market that smoke system. Grudge cars could use that to make guys think they had a wounded engine for a sucker run!!...mmm...i'll take one of those....by the way Rick,i can tell you are a drag racer because when the guy was counting down 3,2,1 Go, you took off before anyone!! You got the holeshot on them!LOL! Great video!!

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Very cool!!

Yeah I wish there was a shot of the cars coming out from under our flag from the grandstands or the air.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back