My Long Awaited Build Take TWO!!! Doing it right the second time.

Boozshey

Reaction score
Popped your add-a-fuse?

Nope, got the AEM working. One of the pins in it was turned sideways. Got it fixed up and started work again.

HOWEVER!!! Now my damn Fuel Pressure gauge isn't working.

They are all ran off of the same power source. I checked the continuity between all lines of the Fuel Press and I have continuity from end to end and have power from end to end and since the power is shared that shouldn't be the problem. :( No idea what's going on now... Autometer is suppose to be calling me back in a little bit to help out.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
My god I couldn't imagine that wiring nightmare! Kudos to you for doing that! I would have shit a log cabin doing something like that, worrying about wiring something incorrectly.

Good luck figuring out the gauge issue.

Boozshey

Reaction score
Haha you're telling me. But I do have good news. Got a new guage today! Bam works perfect. I will wait a month and send this broken one to autometer.

Other good news is BBR TUNE FTW!!! This shit is FAST!!! haha

Boozshey

Reaction score
I still got a couple kinks to work out. Oil Temp is pinging at 250+ and Water temp is in the 210+ depending on traffic.

So I ordered a 160 Thermostat and see how that will work. As for the oil temp. I will talk with BBR about that a little more. Right now I am waiting for the engine to cool down so I can swap out the alternator and go get it tested.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thought you were going to wait for a dyno tune on this one? Before you really started driving it I mean...

Boozshey

Reaction score
Well money is tight right now with all this little shit going out. Dyno is 4x's as much. I haven't broken 3800rpms on it so no worries.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Well money is tight right now with all this little shit going out. Dyno is 4x's as much. I haven't broken 3800rpms on it so no worries.

Yeah I know that feeling lol.....I screwed myself when doing my build because I got a new apartment in the process, got new furniture, and then I blew up....so I wanst able to keep my blower....

Just baby it until the dyno and you'll be ok. That shortblock you have in there now if stout, and BBR doesnt have to shabby of a tune either lol.

Boozshey

Reaction score
It's starting again. I'm working with BBR right now to get it right, but damn, it runs strong until it gets to temp and then it goes to shit. Stalls out at idle, burns rich when I let off the goes completely lean and un-readable on the wideband as soon as I let off and then stays that way and starts to backfire/pop really bad....

Oh I hate having patients... and I don't think this 92* weather is helping any.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
It's starting again. I'm working with BBR right now to get it right, but damn, it runs strong until it gets to temp and then it goes to shit. Stalls out at idle, burns rich when I let off the goes completely lean and un-readable on the wideband as soon as I let off and then stays that way and starts to backfire/pop really bad....

Oh I hate having patients... and I don't think this 92* weather is helping any.

Im sure the 92* isnt helping one bit, especially with how the roots heat soak.....

Mine was also running very strong before it popped. So dont let that fool ya...its hard not to put your foot into when all that power is there.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back