My Magazine “Advertising” Smoke & Mirrors Rant

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
No, I sure wouldn't defend the 2.6L and the GT500 upgrade. And I wasn't saying you trashed the 2.8 specifically but KB as a whole. And yes...this is all in jest and good fun. I know KB just drives you NUTS LOL! I would never try to make you feel like a jerk or an idiot. Like I said, you've got a lot of ideas that made it to production which is a huge undertaking and I certainly commend you for it. Hell, just get out of the lab, get some inventory and real advertising and get this show on the road! People have money to spend. Don't let it go to someone else.

I also understand the whole magazine agenda these days. They've gone 2:1 with advertising vs interesting custom builds. I quit subscribing years ago. Same thing goes for music mags. It's all advertising for effects pedals and amps and there is a ton of BS there as well related to which amp manufacturer has the holy grail of what "real" tone is. Quiet comical. So...I feel ya my brother lol!:clap:

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is nothing new for advertising. After all, who do you think is paying their (magazine) bills? Just looking at the ads AM has in MMFF, they most spends thousands each month in just that publication alone.

Most of the time, the tech articles that include new products from their advertisers is just "added value". Perks to advertising in their publication. I'm personally a media buyer for an advertising firm and one of the publications we deal with has all the articles written by the advertisers themselves. Very similar to the KB write up in MMFF.

Back