My mustang just got dropped....

stang8psi

forum member
Reaction score
I have USAA and yes they are alot cheaper than any insurance company I have used (geico,progressive,state farm,nationwide) in the past.. one thing to consider with USAA is they don't repair a vehicle with OEM parts!!! My wifes 2011 milan was backed into in a parking lot and we just recently had it fixed and when talking to the agent and to USAA directly they said they do not fix with oem parts rhey use aftermarket... I asked why and stated that I am not happy about it and they said it how they keep insurance premiums so low..

So all in all Just don't get into an accident with USAA.. I hope I don't cause I wouldn't want any non OEM parts on my car!!!

kgrun4

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, that sucks because on a 2011 I would definitely want OEM parts. It appears to be one of those you get what you pay for situations with USAA insurance. Probably wouldn't be bad on an older DD car but wouldn't want that on a decent newer car.

I have USAA and yes they are alot cheaper than any insurance company I have used (geico,progressive,state farm,nationwide) in the past.. one thing to consider with USAA is they don't repair a vehicle with OEM parts!!! My wifes 2011 milan was backed into in a parking lot and we just recently had it fixed and when talking to the agent and to USAA directly they said they do not fix with oem parts rhey use aftermarket... I asked why and stated that I am not happy about it and they said it how they keep insurance premiums so low..

So all in all Just don't get into an accident with USAA.. I hope I don't cause I wouldn't want any non OEM parts on my car!!!

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
On an older DD that's paid for you probably don't want to pay comp and collision anyway. I've never carried C+C on any vehicle after it was paid off, although I probably will on my Bullitt.

Currently with Progressive on both of my personal vehicles as well as my big work truck.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Progressive has decent premiums as long as you have really good credit (they use your credit rating as one of their underwriting factors) and a clean driving record.

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Progressive has decent premiums as long as you have really good credit (they use your credit rating as one of their underwriting factors) and a clean driving record.

Clean driving record ? ? what the heck is that have not seen a clean driving record since I was 16....now credit that is another story

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Ha ha yeah, my driving record isn't the best either.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Insurance will fuck you over on any claims anyway. They would never give a fair amount for your mods. Insurance only accels at taking your money.

I wouldn't say it's never a fair amount. I'm not sure which company you're with (it sounds like you've never had them payout on mods for any of your cars anyway since you're making blanket statements).

Here's what I got from my insurance once, some are good, others make no sense:

$100 for floormats that cost me $50
$300 for wheels that cost me $1600
$0 for my new motor/flywheel/clutch/LSD that cost me $5000
$200 for tinted windows that cost me $100
$100 for window visors that cost me $3
$200 for a carbon fiber hood that I got for free (but costs $300)
$100 for my headunit that cost $120

Sure, all in all, it's not great. I ended up taking the wheels off. Couldn't find someone to take my motor/transmission. But on all the little things, I made out okay. The motor/transmission is something that most people have mentioned here--it's just one of those thing that you throw into your car and should consider lost money.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Uh yea I don't tell my insurance about mods.
Sounds like a good way to get your insurance raised or dropped.

"Dear xxxx I am adding a line lock to my car for easier burnouts when I go drag racing, It's worth $200.. please make the necessary changes to my policy. thank you."

great idea!

Last edited:

matt06

forum member
Reaction score
Uh yea I don't tell my insurance about mods.
Sounds like a good way to get your insurance raised or dropped.

"Dear xxxx I am adding a line lock to my car for easier burnouts when I go drag racing, It's worth $200.. please make the necessary changes to my policy. thank you."

great idea!

lol this....:idea:

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
"Hello? Yes. I just wanted to let you guys know that I added a bunch of go-fast parts to my car....Yes....Yes I put on performance parts.....Yes it goes faster now.....Well, I put them on because I like to modify my car.......Oh my rates are going up now?.....I see.....Okay thank you....by the way, I race this car a lot because I like to drive super fast......Oh you won't insure me anymore?....Bummer....Well I thought letting you know was a great idea.....Yes....Yes, now that you mention it, I am a dumbass...."

facepalm.jpg

Bingo! :chainsaw:

Blank

forum member
Reaction score
I called USAA before I added my CAI and M80s and they said as long as i have receipts of the mods they will take it into consideration. So i would say I am covered. Also my car was backed into a while back and the body shop told me to use USAA since they pay for OEM parts. The other Insurence comapny didnt so i went to him and still made out like 350 for the whole deal...WINNING

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
cold air intakes... thats some race car shit right there :D

1andonlywhitie

The Australian...
Reaction score
Wow...

Kinda reminds me when I called Hagerty about insuring my truck. They refused to because I was gonna drive it during the week. Stupid.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
a question on the usaa insurance if my dad served in the navy could i get insurance through them even if i dont live under the same roof and what not? my insurance is insanely expensive and i'm considered a good driver by them...

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
geico doesnt repair with aftermarket parts. they tried to put salvage shit on my car after i got rear ended at a stop sign. the guy who hit me had geico, i have allstate

DaveKonaBlueGT

Reaction score
State Farm is a decent option as long as your driving record isint bad. I was paying $125 a month for the mustang and a heavily modded sportbike. Worth looking into

mancha

forum member
Reaction score
Do they consider little things like superchargers or nitrous accessories ?

"Accessories" is their blanket term for mods. I don't remember the specifics of additional coverage, but it's definitely there if you need/want it.

3vstang

forum member
Reaction score
"Hello? Yes. I just wanted to let you guys know that I added a bunch of go-fast parts to my car....Yes....Yes I put on performance parts.....Yes it goes faster now.....Well, I put them on because I like to modify my car.......Oh my rates are going up now?.....I see.....Okay thank you....by the way, I race this car a lot because I like to drive super fast......Oh you won't insure me anymore?....Bummer....Well I thought letting you know was a great idea.....Yes....Yes, now that you mention it, I am a dumbass...."

facepalm.jpg

Holy shit. LMFAO!

stang8psi

forum member
Reaction score
a question on the usaa insurance if my dad served in the navy could i get insurance through them even if i dont live under the same roof and what not? my insurance is insanely expensive and i'm considered a good driver by them...

your father would have to start an account there for you to become a member..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back