My Mustang reverses itself out of the driveway overnight.

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
I've lurked and not posted here, but I must address a couple of things:
1) I have 165K on my '07 GT/CS and have driven it like I stole it for the last 9 years (it had 8K when I got it). It uses no oil and I've had no issues except alternators.
2) I've set my e-brake every time I've driven it. Not snatched up to the roof, but a good yank on it. It has never stretched and still holds like new. I have replaced the front (with '13 calipers) and rear calipers (guide pin seized and wore to the metal on the inner pad).

Here's a test idea, pull into your driveway and with the clutch in, set your parking brake. Let off the foot brake and see if it rolls. Keep pulling the e-brake until it holds the car. Problem solved.

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
A huge part of me is hoping this is an elaborate prank that his friends are doing. Getting in his car in the middle of the night and letting it roll back every night. Just to drive him nuts!

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
"The bad news is that your car was totaled when the garbage truck hit it. The good news is that your parking brake cable is in absolutely pristine condition."

Lol. 'We almost wrote this one off, if that cable had been one click higher we'd be cutting you a check.'

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why the OP hasn't been back.....

DefenselessRedFrogmouth-size_restricted.gif

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back