My 'Stang took a bad hit today....

Joe Wicked

forum member
Reaction score
I hope you get it back on the road soon and no more issues with it. I have thought about switching to USAA but I have been with Allstate for so many years, that I have 0 deductible and huge deductible discounts for my homeowners that I am kind of not wanting to give up. I guess I should really check into it, they seem to be really taking care of you.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Yeah, they do pretty good. It might be worth a call for you. I've got the lowest home and auto insurance rates I could find with them. And I've got excellent deductibles, $250 for each of our five cars and $500 for the house, as well very high $$ amounts per incident. When the dealer called up the USAA adjuster to let them know I would need a whole new rear end and a new transmission, the USAA guy just said to do it and get my ass taken care of as quickly as possible and oh by the way. Make sure the small amount of body work and the windshield are done/replaced NOW while you're waiting on parts.

And I cannot even begin to describe the overall job they did for us after our home was hit by an F4 tornado here in Alabama in 2007. Over $250k of losses and not a single problem getting them to pay up after the initial claim was processed.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Once you mentioned your son was in the car I was getting worried reading your initial post. So glad you two are fine. So the debris forced the trans into reverse but doesnt the trans have some sort of electronic lockout? And how the hell did that DS not break? Are they meant to twist up instead of break? Nice to see USAA is doing things right, I have them too.
Good luck man......I know it all just sucks.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
USAA is the best insurance company around. Heck, I've been with them long enough that I get rebates once or twice a year, since the company is owned by its customers.

j95svt

Reaction score
I am glad everyone is ok. I am new here but I have been looking at your wheel threads as I look at wheels for my 06 GT.

Was it Alabama Power?? One of their sub contractors (Asplundh) was clearing tree branches from around power lines along my driveway. I got home after 6 one afternoon from work and they had left all thier debris in my driveway. I had to spend thirty minutes moving the debris from the driveway just so I could park my work truck. They did not even bother to come get the debris they left in the yard. My wife had to just park in the driveway cause she couldn't move it all before I got home.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
USAA is the best insurance company around. Heck, I've been with them long enough that I get rebates once or twice a year, since the company is owned by its customers.

Ditto...been with them for 30 years! Damn that sounded old.......

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I was pretty surprised it went into reverse myself. The shop supervisor at Ford said that when it comes to undercarriage impacts that torque the hell out of the D/S he has seen a lot of manual transmissions over the years do things like this. Most likely, the impact was making the transmission vibrate so badly that the interlock didn't lock out reverse. When I tried shifting into 6th, it was like Arnold took the shifter away from me and slammed it into reverse.

I'm just very glad I have great insurance. If we were with Geico or Progressive, the results probably wouldn't have been as good. Geico fucked me over on covering my motorcycle for tornado damage and tried to make USAA pay for it. All because the bike was parked in my garage when it and my car at the time got damaged from the roof being torn up by pine tree logs coming through it. But I specifically told Geico I wanted THEM to cover it under my expensive comprehensive coverage and that that was why I chose such coverage in the first place. Eventually, Geico started to pay up. But only after allowing three weeks of severe aluminum corrosion to occur from the chemicals that were blown all over my bike, costing those idiots even MORE money to fix it.

USAA doesn't like covering motorcycles. And they price their coverage so that you typically find someone else for coverage.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Latest news. My new transmission will be in tomorrow. I may get the car back on Friday if the rear end shows up as well. I've asked the dealership to order me a 4.10 rear end. Let's see what they do!

IHVOCD

forum member
Reaction score
Glad you guys are ok! What's this USAA insurance?
Thanks Ryan

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Thats good news Tom. Did they do the body work already?

No, not yet. They don't do in house body work, so they sub it out. Since the car hasn't been able to move under its own power, that part isn't done yet.

Looks like I'll be getting her back late next week. The rear end didn't come in today and most likely won't be in until Tuesday. Then it has to go to paint&body. Next Friday will be three weeks without my Mustang. To say I'm having withdrawal symptoms is putting it lightly!!

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Off topic a little, but has anyone asked if USAA covers mods damaged in an accident or if they have a different type of policy for it?

Back