My 'Stang took a bad hit today....

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Never did hear back from the dealership today. I hope they have it ready by this weekend for my vacation to Florida next week. Yeah, I doubt it too.

Reaction score
I would see if ford would let you keep that driveshaft for a souvineer(SP?)...

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Just heard from the dealership. The rear end is trashed, the whole D/S is trashed and the transmission failed the runout check on the rear exit bearing. The trans has to come out because they also believe the pressure plate, discs and forks are bad as well as some of the gears. Reverse for sure. I was just starting to have some shifting to second issues and suspected the pressure plate bolts. Guess we will find out for sure in the next week or so. That thing popping into reverse has really jacked up the car, as I suspected it had. Will most likely need a new transmission he said.

FML!!!! I don't think my Stang will be going on vacation with me next week.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just heard from the dealership. The rear end is trashed, the whole D/S is trashed and the transmission failed the runout check on the rear exit bearing. The trans has to come out because they also believe the pressure plate, discs and forks are bad as well as some of the gears. Reverse for sure. I was just starting to have some shifting to second issues and suspected the pressure plate bolts. Guess we will find out for sure in the next week or so. That thing popping into reverse has really jacked up the car, as I suspected it had. Will most likely need a new transmission he said.

FML!!!! I don't think my Stang will be going on vacation with me next week.

Look on the bright side. Since your insurance is paying for this (and it's not a warranty claim), your dealership will have no problems giving you a new transmission. They're getting paid the full book rate, after all...

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn what a pain in the ass!

May want to see if you can talk the dealer into throwing in the Torsen diff while they're back there.

Windveil Blue

forum member
Reaction score
wow holy shit! glad you and your boy did not get a scratch on you from this.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Look on the bright side. Since your insurance is paying for this (and it's not a warranty claim), your dealership will have no problems giving you a new transmission. They're getting paid the full book rate, after all...

Very true!

Damn what a pain in the ass!

May want to see if you can talk the dealer into throwing in the Torsen diff while they're back there.

I may look into it. Also might have them do 4.10 gears until I go F/I in a couple years.

damn sorry to see that man... GL on getting her back on the streets soon

Yeah, won't be soon enough! I miss seeing my baby in the garage every morning and driving her!

wow holy shit! glad you and your boy did not get a scratch on you from this.

That's the best part of the whole ordeal. We were uninjured. It is, after all, just a car and it can be fixed/replaced. One thing I keep wondering though. I just wonder if I would have been able to keep her on the road after that hit that popped the back end up off the ground. I had to do some very precise driving to get her back straight again and the rear end fishtailed pretty hard on me. If it weren't for the lowering springs, Koni struts/shocks and the better rubber, I don't know if I would have stayed on the road. I had Advance Trac turned off, as usual on a nice day, so it was all up to me to keep her from going off into the woods.

Danie

Reaction score
<p>I has a similar issue with some train tracks in my neighborhood. Popped both back tires and bent both wheels. I called the City and they nt only paid for the damages but replaced that section of the tracks. I tried to read through most of this at a glance. Were you able to reach anyone with the city? I did not even go through my insurance.</p>

Last edited:

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
Just read this. Glad you and your son are OK.
I has a similar issue with some train tracks in my neighborhood. Popped both back tires and bent both wheels. I called the City and they nt only paid for the damages but replaced that section of the tracks. I tried to read through most of this at a glance. Were you able to reach anyone with the city?
My insurance company told me they won't waste their time going after the county. Statistically, they spend more money in litigation than they would if they just outright pay for it. How's that for your gov't at work eh? If a fatility is involved, then they will go after them. If $20k or more in damages are done, they will go after them, but not for this.

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
dude, what a horrible accident! i am happy to hear you and your son are unhurt, looks like someone was watching over the two of you.
your drive-shaft looks amazing. it looks like it was close to snapping off completely!

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Update from the dealership today per a phone call.

The pressure plate bolts were all starting to back out to one degree or another. They were all below the specified torque value. Two were out far enough for the tech to put a fingernail under the head of the bolt.

The trans is trashed. They will have to order a new one. There's a backlog of new transmissions right now and they think instead of the normal two days it takes them to get parts like this, it will be a week or so. The clutch parts have already come in and they're replacing those components now.

I'll learn more once I actually go by there and talk to them face to face.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
Wow. I am so sorry for your loss. I truly hope you don't get screwed and the car is fixed.

Did you get insurance info. from the trucks that caused this? How did that pan out?

Vxer1000

Camaro Can Kicker
Reaction score
Update from the dealership today per a phone call.

The pressure plate bolts were all starting to back out to one degree or another. They were all below the specified torque value. Two were out far enough for the tech to put a fingernail under the head of the bolt.

The trans is trashed. They will have to order a new one. There's a backlog of new transmissions right now and they think instead of the normal two days it takes them to get parts like this, it will be a week or so. The clutch parts have already come in and they're replacing those components now.

I'll learn more once I actually go by there and talk to them face to face.

I hope the engine is OK. Up 'til now it's seems like most of your powertrain got trashed.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Wow. I am so sorry for your loss. I truly hope you don't get screwed and the car is fixed.

Did you get insurance info. from the trucks that caused this? How did that pan out?

My insurance company is handling it now. I gave them the county it happened in. At first, they weren't going to pursue it. But now that the repair costs have gone over $5k, they are. It turned out to be our local power company clearing shit out for the power lines. So now that they don't have to deal with the county, they are going after them.

I hope the engine is OK. Up 'til now it's seems like most of your powertrain got trashed.

Engine runs fine. Regardless though, with the USAA repair guarantee, if the engine turns queer and eats itself, it will be covered.

Wow that is one scary ride I am sure. Glad you guys come out unharmed.

Yeah it was.

man that sucks, glad you guys are alright.

Me too. :thumb2: Had the Big Guy lookin out for us for sure.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back