Nazi Moderators.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
First off, I'd like to say that I'm excited to finally find a decent forum to obtain and share info on these cars as I recently purchased a 2012 base GT and want to make it quicker. It seams like other members are vey helpful about sharing information and experiences, but on nearly every post I get "nit-picked" by a moderator.

I've been an active member of probably a dozen car forums over the years, but have never experienced this weird stuff before. I'll try searching a couple of times, but if it brings me to a 20 page thread and it isn't found in the first 10 pages I'm probably going to start a thread, Who friggin cares? If someone knows what I'm looking for and shares it with me, it worked, right?

It takes more effort to read a thread and lecture upon it, than simply moving past it if it doesn't interest them like the rest of the world, unless the moderator's trying to be "important" to someone, or other members, I suppose.

Bottom line here is that I enjoy learning about cars, and will be doing a lot of mods and racing with this car of mine, and I too will have information to share as I go that could be valuable to other members, and if I found another forum for these cars with as much activity, and also didn't get hassled by every little thing as I went, I'd leave this site and never look back.

The bottom line of this thread is, if I'm making other members mad, and screwing things up for them, let me know. But if I'm being ridiculed by moderators who want to show the world how much they know about the forum rules, why don't you just spare us all the wasted posts, seriously? If I start a thread after I searched a few times but came out "dry" is someone really suffering over this? I'd simply thumb right past an overlooked "searchable" thread or post, but that's just me.

As it seams like moderators are getting tired of me starting threads that I should've searched for two days before posting a new thread, I'm getting tired of posts in my threads with links to the rules, and crap like this :okay2:, and this:sparta:, just sayin.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is going to be interesting ............

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Yea fuck them mods!!!

So you didn't read the full thread. Then got mad when he answers the question by pointing out its in a sig.

Chill the fuck out

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Then perhaps this forum isn't for you. Think about what you said vs. what happened. You said if you don't find the answer soon enough you're going to start a new thread. Well the reason the mods post the rules religiously is to prevent that from happening. If more people were diligent in searching, we wouldn't have so many duplicate threads on the same basic questions. Notice I said "basic questions". I do understand that there will be occasions were someone will experience a similar issue but caused by a different problem, but if more people actually searched for an answer instead of expecting instant gratification, there wouldn't be as much to sift through. Therefore the mods make certain they've done everything they can to ensure efficient posting for the rest of us.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Have you checked out Modded Mustangs? They have a nice forum with bronies and everything.

Mustang Mark

forum member
Reaction score
:gayflag:
Maybe you should try a nice forum with moderators that won't hurt your feelings, like modded mustangs. Be sure to ask what exhaust sounds the best. Lots of great tech there...

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Keep searching. Keep reading. This kind of thread will likely not end well.

Take the heat. Complaining will make the ball busting worse.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Boo fucking hoo.... The rules and the way the site functions, hurt your wittle fewewings, grow the fuck up, you're 40 years old for petes sake

Nit pick.....fawk, sensitive much....

Being a member here is not a right... just sayin

Feel free to log out and move on, or learn how this place works and make use of it. Your choice.

Last edited:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The rules are pretty easy to follow. If you really have no fucks to give, facebook would be a better fit for you.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I was gonna say he's like all the damn SJW's. Crying over every perceived slight against them. Wanting everyone to be nice and shit

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
First off, I'd like to say that I'm excited to finally find a decent forum to obtain and share info on these cars as I recently purchased a 2012 base GT and want to make it quicker. It seams like other members are vey helpful about sharing information and experiences, but on nearly every post I get "nit-picked" by a moderator.

I've been an active member of probably a dozen car forums over the years, but have never experienced this weird stuff before. I'll try searching a couple of times, but if it brings me to a 20 page thread and it isn't found in the first 10 pages I'm probably going to start a thread, Who friggin cares? If someone knows what I'm looking for and shares it with me, it worked, right?

It takes more effort to read a thread and lecture upon it, than simply moving past it if it doesn't interest them like the rest of the world, unless the moderator's trying to be "important" to someone, or other members, I suppose.

Bottom line here is that I enjoy learning about cars, and will be doing a lot of mods and racing with this car of mine, and I too will have information to share as I go that could be valuable to other members, and if I found another forum for these cars with as much activity, and also didn't get hassled by every little thing as I went, I'd leave this site and never look back.

The bottom line of this thread is, if I'm making other members mad, and screwing things up for them, let me know. But if I'm being ridiculed by moderators who want to show the world how much they know about the forum rules, why don't you just spare us all the wasted posts, seriously? If I start a thread after I searched a few times but came out "dry" is someone really suffering over this? I'd simply thumb right past an overlooked "searchable" thread or post, but that's just me.

As it seams like moderators are getting tired of me starting threads that I should've searched for two days before posting a new thread, I'm getting tired of posts in my threads with links to the rules, and crap like this :okay2:, and this:sparta:, just sayin.

This is probably a different type of forum than you are used to. If you have an issue with something I do let me know, I'll do my best to explain the "why" in why things are how they are.

We try to keep the forum tech centered. Real tech, not oil changes and the like. Keeping duplicate subjects in check helps people from the future being able to search for something without getting a bazillion hits. That's one of the things you didn't like.

Nobody is forcing you to come here.

The forum isn't going to mold itself to what you think it should be. If you are thin skinned this isn't going to be where you want to hang out. If you are looking for the best tech info and actual experiences with the S197 platform then this is where you want to be but it will require that you figure out how things are done around here.

I feel that the this site has more tech info on the S197 than any other site out there and I'd like to keep it that way. Having the best tech related S197 based forum didn't happen by accident. It was well planned by Kimmer and assisted by numerous members and moderators who didn't like how other forums operated. A whole lot of work has gone into making s197forum what it is. You can choose to appreciate it or you can choose from the plethora of Mustang related forums out there.

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
I would like to point out something that may help with your searching. Once you have found a thread you can search within the thread and save from reading for 10 pages. The other thing to keep in mind is the s197 chassis has been out for 15 years now and coyotes for 5 years just about anything you want to know has already been asked...
Frankly the things you asked were stupid and in your intro post you mouthed off to the mod who was trying to be helpful and link you to the rules because you were to lazy to read them, I think your the issue...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Being a member here is not a right... just sayin

latest

skaarlaj

Reaction score
Do you guys wanna hang out on weekends?

This is probably a different type of forum than you are used to. If you have an issue with something I do let me know, I'll do my best to explain the "why" in why things are how they are.

We try to keep the forum tech centered. Real tech, not oil changes and the like. Keeping duplicate subjects in check helps people from the future being able to search for something without getting a bazillion hits. That's one of the things you didn't like.

Nobody is forcing you to come here.

The forum isn't going to mold itself to what you think it should be. If you are thin skinned this isn't going to be where you want to hang out. If you are looking for the best tech info and actual experiences with the S197 platform then this is where you want to be but it will require that you figure out how things are done around here.

I feel that the this site has more tech info on the S197 than any other site out there and I'd like to keep it that way. Having the best tech related S197 based forum didn't happen by accident. It was well planned by Kimmer and assisted by numerous members and moderators who didn't like how other forums operated. A whole lot of work has gone into making s197forum what it is. You can choose to appreciate it or you can choose from the plethora of Mustang related forums out there.
Wow, and actual answer and a little bit of the "why", I actually appreciate your response to this weirdness I've only experienced on any car forum.

I would like to point out something that may help with your searching. Once you have found a thread you can search within the thread and save from reading for 10 pages. The other thing to keep in mind is the s197 chassis has been out for 15 years now and coyotes for 5 years just about anything you want to know has already been asked...
Frankly the things you asked were stupid and in your intro post you mouthed off to the mod who was trying to be helpful and link you to the rules because you were to lazy to read them, I think your the issue...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Thanks for trying to help.

I was gonna say he's like all the damn SJW's. Crying over every perceived slight against them. Wanting everyone to be nice and shit
I'm not wanting anybody go out of their way to be nice to me, I'm just not gonna swing off the nuts of someone who is a "moderator" on S197 forums
because I think that is what he is looking for. I'm thinking the world is lucky this goofball isn't one of those 135# cops we all used to know back in school, but that is just me.

Yea fuck them mods!!!

So you didn't read the full thread. Then got mad when he answers the question by pointing out its in a sig.

Chill the fuck out
The goofball didn't even know that Nitto NT01's were actually drag radials. But yeah, we better all listen to him?

Also a mall-cop, sorry I mean S197 Moderator, almost led me to believe there's no decent drag radial for the 18x8 rims found on the base model 2012 GT. But he took all the time in the world by linking "rules," posting goofy pictures, and trying his best to look somewhat smart instead of simply saying "check out M&H 275/45/17 drag radials, a lot of people here are using them", I can't see how this guy actually even owns or definitely works on "any" car, but I'm glad a regular member who didn't need his ego stroked to chime in and state the obvious answer for me. Here's the thread if anybody's interested.http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125704

Last edited by a moderator:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Hah. It's called multiquote dude.

Also, 15 years for s197 @nick?
05 was 15 years ago? Lol

skaarlaj

Reaction score
:gayflag:
Maybe you should try a nice forum with moderators that won't hurt your feelings, like modded mustangs. Be sure to ask what exhaust sounds the best. Lots of great tech there...
I'm actually still here because the tech at modded mustangs isn't worth a damn, and for some odd reason there isn't a whole lot of discussion forums for Coyote powered stangs that I have found so far. Are you looking for a date by flying that sweet little flag, hahahahahahahaha!

Hah. It's called multiquote dude.
I actually don't understand multiquote, or how to use it. I'll listen if you want to explain, also try to fill me in on why it's necessary too please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Beside wrote is multiquote
Click all the ones your replying to. Then goto the advanced reply page.

Bam every message in one rather then making Dave condense them into one post like he has been doing for every other thread your in

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The goofball didn't even know that Nitto NT01's were actually drag radials. But yeah, we better all listen to him?

hey dip shit... they are not drag radials...

Nitto makes NT555R and NT05R Drag Radials...

NT01 are Road Course tires...

D.O.T.-COMPLIANT COMPETITION ROAD COURSE TIRE

also you never mention NT01s in your thread, nor do you link a Drag Radial in your first post....

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125704

Also a mall-cop, sorry I mean S197 Moderator, almost led me to believe there's no decent drag radial for the 18x8 rims found on the base model 2012 GT. But he took all the time in the world by linking "rules," posting goofy pictures, and trying his best to look somewhat smart instead of simply saying "check out M&H 275/45/17 drag radials, a lot of people here are using them", I can't see how this guy actually even owns or definitely works on "any" car, but I'm glad a regular member who didn't need his ego stroked to chime in and state the obvious answer for me. Here's the thread if anybody's interested.http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125704

why would I mention a 17" tire in a thread on 18"??

Additionally you indicated you wanted around a 27" tire..... so mentioning a 28" was not a thought....

Make an effort to search and read before you start spouting off being a member less than a fucking week

Multi quote \/

multiquote_off.gif

I'm about done with you and your child like attitude.... Mall cop.... insult me one more time.....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back