Need a little help deciding....

Mylilpony

forum member
Reaction score
well, you can get BBK/JBA headers for much less then Kooks/ARH are they as good, probably not, but they seem to get the job done.

I have messed with cheaper alternatives before and I learned my lesson. I am going with only the best quality stuff. I could have gotten by with a BAP but i went with the GT500 system just bc i thought it was better.

I know you did and I don't fault your choice. I'm not bashing, I've never used MM and have heard good and bad.

I hear you man... I know you've never bashed them.

The power numbers seem a little low, my car on 10psi made 435/361
IIRC on Dan's MD, which traditionally reads lower then a DJ. Again not an issue if you had them make a fat A/F for safety. FWIW - I had a race tune made back in winter 2008, 12 psi made 461/401, been running it since (never bothered with the street tune LOL) and you know I drive the car, has not missed a beat.

What I have heard from a few is that the tuning has been done quickly. Adjustments and a few pulls done in a short time (an hour or so).

I think that is probably the case with mine.

I know from experience that Dan will stay with a car for 3-4 hours if need be to get it all right, WOT, tip in, cruise, etc etc. That's why it can take 2+ moths to get him to tune your car. He doesn't book more then 2 in a day for the most part.

Bottom line - you need to be comfortable and happy with it. Once it's done you can test how fast it is anytime...... :evil:

lol thanks dave... you're a real pal!!! You will get yours soon enough!!! :lol2:

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
I didnt take it in an offensive way lol. I dont race around the streets of NYC with the car really, and im not a track junkie either. So you are absolutely right about that. I didnt even know there was a show in glen cove. Can you PM me the info or post it on americanredline for me??? I think a few of us would be interested fo sho.

I was thinkin bout ditching the cats, but im not sure that getting the car re-tuned is necessary when doing that especially if my O2 sensors are already shut off. Im looking to mod the car so that its necessary to get a tune rather than paying for the tune now, then modding the car in the winter, and re-tuning it while costing me more money!

show posted on AR vin

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back