Need advice on a Roush. I think

Sprayer84

forum member
Reaction score
I came across this at an auction today when I was picking up a few other cars. How do I know if it is a Roush or a clone? Either way, what is this thing worth give or take for parts? The drivetrain is solid, has less than 30k miles. The interior is in really good shape as well but the exterior is totally gone. I think the wheels may be savable. Was considering selling my turbo and dropping this turn key engine in, or....... putting it in my 95 F150 I use to pull my boat... LOL. Just not sure what this thing is worth or if its even a Roush. Could you even get a S/C Roush with an Auto?

Stage1

forum member
Reaction score
Yes some Roush's came with an auto... It looks legit .. It should have a build number on the pass side when you open the door that will tell you if its the real thing... If not someone spent alot to make it look like one.. Does it have a Roush cluster in it?

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
Call Roush and tell them the vin. If it was made by Roush it will be in their system. My ' 07 auto was in their computers and I bought a new window sticker for my car.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
The Roush 427R and 428R used the stock Ford engine and just added the M90 blower. In 05-09 they used that stupid air intake setup that wrapped around the passenger side and across the front, in 2010 they changed it to a driver's side CAI.

Sprayer84

forum member
Reaction score
I'll have to call Roush. If its just a stock long block with an m90 I don't know of its worth the hassle.

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
I owned a 2006 Roush with an auto, so yes they were made like that. From what it looks like, that's a stock bottom end with a polished M90 on it. Call Roush or go to their website and see if the car was registered with them. They keep good records on their builds.

Sprayer84

forum member
Reaction score
The bid on it is already up to $3k. Not sure how high I'd want to go. I figure the used m90 kit is only worth maybe $2500?

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score
Look on the drivers side core support and you should have a rivited Roush serial number plaque. Also on the passenger strut tower it will have another plaque with the assembler's signature.

Edit: Like said it does look legit.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
its definitely a stock bottom end. they only put built motors in the p-51s and the 5xrs

Sprayer84

forum member
Reaction score
I plan on keeping the m90 kit and wheels. But does anybody want other parts off it? So I know what I can spend on it.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I plan on keeping the m90 kit and wheels. But does anybody want other parts off it? So I know what I can spend on it.

With the price they are at, you will be a parts master fiend to make your money back.

Sprayer84

forum member
Reaction score
I figure I'd be able to sell the engine, trans, rear end, seats, and interior pieces. Maybe louvers, taillights, ect

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back