Need an Oil Seperator on the new 5.0? YEP!!

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
I didn't read this whole thread but I just had to say the haters are way off base. Let me tell you I am very finicky about "bang for the buck" and this piece is WELL WORTH $119!

-It's VERY high quality.. Billet and OEM Ford hoses and connectors and when you screw and unscrew it, the threads are just so precise & it smoothly seals so nice and tight. Everything about it looks and feels of top notch quality.

-Everytime I check it (about once every 2 months or so) there is a decent amount of oil to be emptied that otherwise would have gone places it shouldn't.

-To say it's "easy" to install is a huge understatement! Snap, Snap, you're done!

Well done JLT. And for the record I have no affiliation whatsoever with this company. Just a satisfied customer.

Last edited:

Retro5.0

forum member
Reaction score
I have to say.....This is definitely worth getting, and is great quality. The fist time that I checked mine after installing, and found how much oil was in the separator. I was relieved that I decided to pick one up.

09 Ricky

forum member
Reaction score
Will the oil seperator for the mustang fit the 2011 5.0 f150? Or do I have to make up a seperator with your universal kit?

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
That metal fitting is a nice piece. It's black and looks just like the plastic one. I'm very impressed with the thought that JLT puts in it's parts.

Last edited:

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
Will the oil seperator for the mustang fit the 2011 5.0 f150? Or do I have to make up a seperator with your universal kit?
It sure looks like it will and I'll confirm here shortly. I have a buddy coming by today with a 5.0 F-150
That metal fitting is a nice piece. It's black and looks just like the plastic one. I'm very impressed with the thought that JLT puts in it's parts.
Thanks

Jay

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
2011 GT passenger side Oil Separator fits the 2011+ F-150 5.0.
399964_10150545282692155_52080517154_9541209_870836614_n.jpg

blackgt87

forum member
Reaction score
I was told that some people experience vacuum leaks with these, have you ever done any testing or had any trouble with any leaks?

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
Who told you that?
How would it cause a vacuum leak?

The only way would be if it was an older kit with a plastic fitting and it cracked, but that's been fixed a long time ago.

I've been running them for years without vacuum leaks.

Thanks
Jay

blackgt87

forum member
Reaction score
I asked Kenne Bell if I could run your oil seperator with their kit and they said that they have had customers have vacuum leaks from them.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I asked Kenne Bell if I could run your oil seperator with their kit and they said that they have had customers have vacuum leaks from them.

Not true.

I run a separator on my Kenne Bell 3V, with no leaks.

I wonder of they assumed you'd be using an air compressor one as opposed to an extremely well built piece like the JLT.

Get one, and get it today. Trust!

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
Also seeing we don't have a plug and play kit for a KB any vacuum leak would would be from installer error

blackgt87

forum member
Reaction score
Not true.

I run a separator on my Kenne Bell 3V, with no leaks.

I wonder of they assumed you'd be using an air compressor one as opposed to an extremely well built piece like the JLT.

Get one, and get it today. Trust!

I specifically said a JLT one. And I have one, I have had it on my car since my car had a couple hundred miles on it. And it has caught what I would call a considerable amount of oil. That's why I wanted to run it again with the KB.

Maybe they are worried that people will splice it in carelessly?

Hey Jay, can I buy a couple of the straight fittings that go into the side of this thing? I would rather not cut my factory style lines off these fittings in case I ever want to use them again, plus one is a 90. I would like to unscrew these fittings with the lines clamped to them and just get two straight ones so I can hose clamp this bad boy in the new PCV line that came in the KB kit.

Also seeing we don't have a plug and play kit for a KB any vacuum leak would would be from installer error

Exactly.

Last edited:

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Not supercharged, but absolutely no leaks. It's the best money I've spent on my car. You shouldn't be without one. I'm considering adding one to my 147k mile DD.Expedition. LOL.

RedfireV8

forum member
Reaction score
Received mine last week and put it on this weekend. After 7k miles the throttle body was fairly dirty. Not too mention the oil residue all up in the intake manifold. (couldn't get a good picture of it) It wasn't a whole lot really. I must say that I really had a hard time spending $113(DC) on a simple catch can. But when I received and looked at the quality of the entire kit, I was super impressed. As far as looks/quality go, A+ in my book. We'll see how the "function" part goes. I'm sure I won't be disappointed. Anywho here are the pics. I'll be checking it in about 1k miles.

6914426145_a76ffae0b5_z.jpg

6914205621_5c5cb3988f_z.jpg

6914190669_485cbaac42_z.jpg

6914208037_3c9a9a4ae9_z.jpg

Dirty TB:

6914195223_307ffe9532_z.jpg

6914197157_f4cb0b51d3_z.jpg

6914196145_2894a424e4_z.jpg

Cleaned TB:

6914203013_e6905d9d50_z.jpg

6914201325_44cb94b3c5_z.jpg

I guess I'll check the TB again sometime too.

ZXMustang

5.0 4V Owner
Reaction score
Even though it does look cool and a very quality piece, I just can justify the cost. If it was like $50 I would be all over it. But I know that the my car runs just fine with light oil consumption if any at all. And this seems like a great product in theory, but in reality the car works as-is. And I can think of 100 other things that I would want other than that. No offense to JLT. In fact, Im about to order the plastic intake for my GT in a few hours from LMR. Now that product is proven, and worth the money.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Even though it does look cool and a very quality piece, I just can justify the cost. If it was like $50 I would be all over it. But I know that the my car runs just fine with light oil consumption if any at all. And this seems like a great product in theory, but in reality the car works as-is. And I can think of 100 other things that I would want other than that. No offense to JLT. In fact, Im about to order the plastic intake for my GT in a few hours from LMR. Now that product is proven, and worth the money.

It isn't the oil consumption that is the killer here, it's the oil vapor in the fuel/air mix that lowers the octane rating and the carbon deposits from oil residue build up on intake valves.

You may scoff at the octane thing, but it's absolutely true. A customer of mine had an airplane engine grenade itself due to oil vapor in the intake air that lowered the fuel octane rating and caused detonation. I realize there are knock sensors at work here, but why run the risk or deal with the reduced performance? I put this on when the car had about 1500 miles on it, I wish I'd bought it the first day I brought the car home...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back