Need help..I mistakenly thought SCT is screwing me!! but they didn't Doh!

blk281gt

Vendor
Reaction score
I need to know the main contact at SCT (other than Jesse or AMY). They overcharged me and now they have told me they are justtoo busy to correct it at this time. They said they are a single owner company and they will not give me his name or contact info.
Does anyone have any contact info. Makes me wish i never recommended them all the times i have. Great product, but the customer service is absolutely the bottom of the barrell.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I didnt think sct sold direct, and you would just take it up with the vendor that sold it?

Last edited:

blk281gt

Vendor
Reaction score
Ok, they said it will be taken care of tomorrow (at no charge at all) so we will see. I will update.

2NY

icedesign
Reaction score
complaints really arent that bad...

Number of complaints processed by the BBB
in the last 36 months: 4
in the last 12 months: 2
Complaints Concerned: Advertising Issues (2 complaints)

2The company could not be located or is out of business Product Quality (1 complaints)

1Company did not respond Repair Issues (1 complaints)

1Company did not respond

jha1223

forum member
Reaction score
Is that even them? It's not much better, but I think this is the correct link.

SCT LLC

Still an "F". Which companies that don't sell direct to customers could care less about. I'm guessing the bulk of their business is through resellers.

Last edited:

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
SCT has most of the community by the balls. They don't have to help you, they'll get your money with or without you being happy.

charlie@sct

Reaction score
SCT Customer Service

I need to know the main contact at SCT (other than Jesse or AMY). They overcharged me and now they have told me they are justtoo busy to correct it at this time. They said they are a single owner company and they will not give me his name or contact info.
Does anyone have any contact info. Makes me wish i never recommended them all the times i have. Great product, but the customer service is absolutely the bottom of the barrell.

Mr White, thank you for the kind words. We are working to get your cc credited. The reason for the initial charge was that SCT standard procedure for a locked programming device is a $150.00 fee. Your device was indeed locked. Our system charged your card and we had to go back in to adjust it manually. Unfortunatley credit card companies do not move with lightning speed so please allow some time for this to show up on your account.

I understand you feel that we are not being fair but as a resolution to this inconvience you had spoken to Jesse earlier and SCT gave you a complete refund for the trouble. Based on your comments, maybe we should reconsider? Maybe after all of your complaining and posting we shouldn't try going above and beyond for you...After all, the device was locked.

In the future I would suggest you have a bit more patience in matters that involve credit card companies.

We appreciate the business of all our customers and look forward to serving you the best way we can.

Charlie
More Power. Less Fuel.

IHVOCD

forum member
Reaction score
I had to send my tuner back to SCT and they have been real helpful with the problems. There tech and customer service is pretty good also. My new will be here tomorrow. Thanks SCT.
Ryan Brock

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Mr White, thank you for the kind words. We are working to get your cc credited. The reason for the initial charge was that SCT standard procedure for a locked programming device is a $150.00 fee. Your device was indeed locked. Our system charged your card and we had to go back in to adjust it manually. Unfortunatley credit card companies do not move with lightning speed so please allow some time for this to show up on your account.

I understand you feel that we are not being fair but as a resolution to this inconvience you had spoken to Jesse earlier and SCT gave you a complete refund for the trouble. Based on your comments, maybe we should reconsider? Maybe after all of your complaining and posting we shouldn't try going above and beyond for you...After all, the device was locked.

In the future I would suggest you have a bit more patience in matters that involve credit card companies.

We appreciate the business of all our customers and look forward to serving you the best way we can.

Charlie
More Power. Less Fuel.

Ahh device unlocked, left a little something out didn't he lol.
glad it's all cleared up also glad SCT is on this forum :beerdrink:

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Always two sides to every story..

always two there are......

yoda.jpg

blk281gt

Vendor
Reaction score

Charlie
More Power. Less Fuel.
Thanks for the reply and yesterday Jesse did inform me that there will be no charge.
I have always recommended your product and will continue to do so in the future. The problem was not really with the card company, it was the lack of communication that was quite annoying.
I do apoligize for being impatient and again thank you for the support.
However, as for the device being locked, i am not sure you know the complete story on the tuner. It was probably 3 years ago and luckily i had the email that i sent to Felix at SCT.
The device was purchased from Tunable inductions with their tunes installed.The car would not run correctly and after trying some other things,(including SCT tunes via email) it was sentback to SCT to have them load tunes.During this process, my stock tune was lost and SCT was not able to retreive it from the device.At the time, i did not care because i was not going to use the stock tune.
After selling the car, i found out that you need the stock tune to unlock it...so thats when i called.
Probably should have waited a while longer before starting this thread originally, but from my conversations with SCT i was a little upset and just got carried way.I hope this clears things up a little .

Here is the original email from 3 years ago:

Sent: Friday, June 15, 2007 1:42 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: customer support issues

Hello Felix, here is an update of the issues that I have had with your product. We talked about this issue About Andy the other day.

Should be receiving the tuner back from Tunable induction Monday,unfortunately 3 days later than I expected.We only have so many nice weekends a year in Michigan and tracks are only open a limited amount of days, so when I next day delivered to Andy`s attn I thought I would get the response he promised ( I thought wrong I guess).
Andy , never did reply to Johns requests so I assume this issue is of no importance to SCT.I never received an explanation of what happened to the tuner and now I do not have any stock tunes for my vehicle.This issue is also obviously of no importance to SCT.
Any reply or response to these issues would be greatly appreciated as I plan on modifying the vehicle in the future and also discussing on line in numerous forums,shows,etc to gain more info on your product and my vehicle.Thanks

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back