Need help on casting number!! (HELP)

roberts

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys seeing if anyone can get or has these casting number on a cylinder heads. Need to get info on them before i but them!

here is the number on them!

C522_1444_24R & 0406122202--7
B324_1652_43L & 30504271044--6

Need help google has no answer for me! Anyone help me at all???

uploadfromtaptalk1428291756828.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1428291733118.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would PM Steve@Tasca

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
Nothing else on the heads with a XXXX-6049-XX or XXXX-6090-XX style number? Not sure those numbers that you have can be crossed over to a valid part number.

cheers
Ed

05yellowgt

Reaction score
Those don't look like ford casting numbers. It looks like they have been etched or stamped onto the head by someone.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
This is what factory casting numbers will look like
Heads%20DC%2005%20FRPP.jpg

I'm looking but can't find what the individual part numbers for the FRPP CNC heads are.

09mb5854

Reaction score
Can you get a pic of the cylinder side of the head? You want a close up of the valves and spark plug (or spark plug hole if no plug is present)

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Okay I told him to may be a lik bit stay posted 09mb pls
WTF dude. English much?

If the casting says RF3L3E that head is an 05-early 08 head with HT 16mm sparkplugs (Black COP boots).
If it says RF8L3E the head is a late 08-10 head with 12mm spark plugs (Brown COP boots).

I don't believe FRPP made ported heads with RF3L3E heads.

My opinion is that if you don't know the guy and he doesn't have a receipt proving what they are I wouldn't touch them.
It could be a set of Bubba specials.

Last edited:

roberts

forum member
Reaction score
Phone and this auto correct shit. And yea that's true thump. He doesn't have a receipt so think I may not take a chance!

09mb5854

Reaction score
Here is what I know from installing my FRPP ported cylinder heads (FRPP M-6050-N3VPA and M-6049-N3VPA).......

When I was installing mine, I was comparing the heads side by side. I actually took some pictures on my cell phone. I will get them downloaded and posted to show the differences.

Basically what it amounts to is the area between the two valves is milled back to unshroud the valves. That notch you see in the pics is removed. I have some pictures on my cell phone the I will download and post to show what I mean.

I also know that Livernoise does this when they port their heads as well.

To me, based at looking at these pics that you posted, the valves appear to have the material between the valves that is typically removed during porting.

Now I don't know who "ported" these heads and there are different philosophies on porting (where to remove material and in some cases actually where to add material), but if I was buying heads that were ported, I would want the valves unshrouded.

I am not speaking as an expert, just giving you what I have found in my experience....... Hope it helps.......

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back