Need some help deciding

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think my pool pump took a shit today. It was pretty old anyway .

Those of you with pools, which pump would you recommend?

I'm trying to stay under $400 for it, as it is a unexpected expense.

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No ones got any info on pool pumps. . I don't trust the ppl at the pool store, they just wanna sell some shit .

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What brand and size is your current pump? Unless you want to change a lot of the fittings you will need to stay with the same style you have now. You can't go wrong with Hayward pumps.

Earl

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a Hayward Super Pump II , 1 HP . It's old . Been looming at the upgraded to that one , or going to a pentair whisperflo.

I was gonna take mine to the pool store and see if it's worth salvaging , but last time I showed the guy a picture of the pump, and what it was doing . He told me that I should replace if it went out .

myvajygy.jpg

uhypynet.jpg

2evy9ede.jpg

Last edited:

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's usually cheaper to buy new then rebuild one of these pumps because of all the corrosion involved. Did you remove the front basket assembly or is it a separate unit on your setup? On all the Hayward pumps I have used, the basket assembly is part of the pump package. You should be able to find a replacement within your budget.

Earl

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's usually cheaper to buy new then rebuild one of these pumps because of all the corrosion involved. Did you remove the front basket assembly or is it a separate unit on your setup? On all the Hayward pumps I have used, the basket assembly is part of the pump package. You should be able to find a replacement within your budget.

Earl

It unbolts out of the basket.

Talk to 2 pool guys and both say the motor is dead .

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's the way mine is but I din't know of any suppliers that sell the pump by itself. That's what makes them more expensive, you have to buy the whole package. I replaced mine a couple years ago and couldn't find anyone selling just the pump.

Earl

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back