Need some help-SCT questions

back n a stang

Sick wid it!!
Reaction score
Recently SCT did some updates. I am wondering by doing some of the updates can it effect the tune thats in the device from the vendor who canned it? Hope that makes since. On another question I am getting a "NO device detected" when I attempt to do datalog but under device manager I am getting that all is working properly. They have a new download at the bottom of the list for the SCT 3015.I got that one downloaded but not sure about the others. I am wondering if I need them to make this work right and be able to do datalogs,Any help is great.

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
Update to the latest firmware from the SCT site. If that doesn't fix the No Device Detected, then you have to manually load the drivers, which they have a guide how to do on their tech tab page.

None of the updates will affect the actual tune loaded on the car.

back n a stang

Sick wid it!!
Reaction score
Update to the latest firmware from the SCT site. If that doesn't fix the No Device Detected, then you have to manually load the drivers, which they have a guide how to do on their tech tab page.

None of the updates will affect the actual tune loaded on the car.
I've tried all that.Under device manager..With manual driver they were already installed with current correct hardware according to what it tells me.I'm not sure what the deal is.About a PITA.I guess I will get up with them Monday and see what I am doing wrong.Thanks for trying help.

Nastystang06

forum member
Reaction score
Is anyone running the canned sct tune?
The tune I purchased from evolution popped my #8 and im considering running the canned 91act tune for the jlt and running 93the oct fuel

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
I wouldn't suggest it. I ran a canned SCT tune from a 3015 just as an experiement at a dyno day and with only a set of axelbacks, it leaned my air fuel out dangerously lean.

If you do run it, get it dyno'd first to make sure it's safe I would suggest.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Is anyone running the canned sct tune?
The tune I purchased from evolution popped my #8 and im considering running the canned 91act tune for the jlt and running 93the oct fuel

Many people have said that the SCT tunes are too lean for the 5.0's. I'd go with Amazon Tuning. They will get you taken care of.

2012GT

forum member
Reaction score
Steeda will send you a great safe tune in which you will be completely impressed. They will send you an 87 with a 91 or 93 (whichever octane you have in your region).

blackgt87

forum member
Reaction score
Steeda will send you a great safe tune in which you will be completely impressed. They will send you an 87 with a 91 or 93 (whichever octane you have in your region).

QFT

I give props to Steeda whenever I can, they took care of me.

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Amazon is the way to go, Rick will work with you until your tune is correct and running right. My experience with them has been great.

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
Recently SCT did some updates. I am wondering by doing some of the updates can it effect the tune thats in the device from the vendor who canned it? Hope that makes since. On another question I am getting a "NO device detected" when I attempt to do datalog but under device manager I am getting that all is working properly. They have a new download at the bottom of the list for the SCT 3015.I got that one downloaded but not sure about the others. I am wondering if I need them to make this work right and be able to do datalogs,Any help is great.

If you have a 3000 device the 3015 update will not do you any good.

And no, any firmware update done to the device will not affect the tune that is currently in the device.

SCT has fantastic techincal support so on your other complaint about getting a "no device detected" I would suggest giving them a call to see if they can get you squared away.

If I can be of any help please dont hesitate to call, we work with these devices and tunes on a daily basis.

JJ

back n a stang

Sick wid it!!
Reaction score
Thanks....I spent quite a bit of time with SCT techs yesterday.They think it's my laptop not being stout enough.All drivers and what not are correct.Just not enough ass for it I guess.I have to borrow somebody's and see if thats indeed my problem.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back