New 2015 EB owner

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
After a lot of reading and looking at various cars I decided on a 2015 EB mustang; a large part was my wife saying she really liked the way they looked and she would daily drive it which was a surprise to me. We test drove one and of course she drove it a lot differently than I did, lol, but I was pleasantly impressed with the way it pulled all the way to redline. Putting it in the sport mode changed the sound and performance of it and it was a pretty good handling-for what I could do in a test drive.

Interior wise it is night and day over the 2013 GT; I was not impressed with any of the pictures of it but once I saw it in person I was surprised at how good it looked. The back seat is smaller due to the roof line and looking at it from behind is still not as nice as the 13-14's but overall it is a good looking car.

So...went looking for either a Guard or Magnetic in Premium, automatic and with the Performance Package as for $2k you get a lot in that package but one of the more important things to me were the oil, boost gauges and the black rims. I looked all over the western regions and found zero Guards, closest one was in TX. Magnetic was a little easier to find but the ones I found had more options which were more money and the other issue was being in CA they charge 8-10% sales tax-gulp-so I started looking outside the region.

And much to Cam's chagrin I started calling/emailing/texting and private messaging him to see what he could find and sure enough he had one; he gave me great pricing, excellent customer service, took care of everything for me and am now the owner of a Magnetic prem, auto and perf pack Mustang.
Through his dealer I had the windows tinted, TTL all taken care of so I don't have to worry about any of that when I return to VA in about 17 months and could not be happier, many many thanks Cam!

Plans for the car:
CAI
Tune
oil catch can as the EB's seem to send a lot more oil back into the intake
Upper/lower grill delete: http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=5133
NGK 6510 plugs-one heat range cooler
Down pipe
IC-interesting on this; Ford learned their lesson with the F150 IC's and the issues they had with the condensation, they were too efficient and for the EB mustang they made the IC run warmer to avoid the condensation issue; down part to that is the IATs get high and pull timing, on another forum a guy was at the track with just intake/tune and saw -7 degree's of timing on the big end...yikes!
Exhaust-for weight saving and to see if it is a restriction but the tricky part is the sound; there is only so much you can do with a 4cyl to make it sound good, Stainless Works has the best sound clips I have heard where they take DB readings from inside the car, 10 ft away and as it drive by.

Other little things as well but cosmetic.

Hopefully Cam will insert the pictures in here since he has the car.

When it was all said and done I paid less for the car to buy it and ship it from VA to CA then what I would have paid in CA...

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Thanks Greg for the high praise - it's not too often I come across a customer who wants the computer code to order a tune before delivery.

Now, feast your eyes on the next-gen Greggy mobile!

MilFOkB.jpg

kjPLgnS.jpg

c0iX9qo.jpg

DdYPisX.jpg

Wt9g1Yc.jpg

sfI1yzZ.jpg

aU5GN9a.jpg

QSHz9Gq.jpg

39Z80kb.jpg

4IppyCX.jpg

Last edited:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice pickup Greg!

The exterior color Guard looks nice.

Last edited:

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Nice car for sure Greg! I'm going to have to hit up Cam in a few years once the truck is paid for and see what he can do for my next mustang!

mpm_1

forum member
Reaction score
congrats - looks good - anyone setting the early standard yet for EB tuning ?

REDS197

Reaction score
Looks good Greg. Can't wait to see how it performs with the mods.

Cam tell us how the line lock was??

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
Congrats man, the S550 is continually growing on me. Great looking car sir!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats. More hp than stock 3v no?

310/320 to the crank is what they are rated at.

Love the inside with your modifications

Just noticed that....grrrr....Cam.....:321:

congrats - looks good - anyone setting the early standard yet for EB tuning ?

Torrie at Unleashed is who I will probably go with, 300hp to the wheels and 400tq is the norm on 93.

Looks good Greg. Can't wait to see how it performs with the mods.

Cam tell us how the line lock was??

The EB does not come with the line lock :mad2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back