New 600 Cubic Inch 1000 hp motor build

GI Joe

Reaction score
A few updates:
Lots of parts in the shop now…
The wiring so far was a big job
wire2.jpg

wire.jpg

Got a handle on it. I removed the dash and all the wiring and got it prepped for the 8.5 gage. The front will be added to my existing 6 point roll bar.
inside1.jpg

photo35-1.jpg

Here is my choice of ignition system…Trigger wheel and digital 7
ignition.jpg

I did the wiring tuck and have verified everything works except head lights. All the wires are tucked in the fender and headlight wires tucked in core support.
fuse1.jpg

Picked up some new seats.
seat2.jpg

seat1.jpg

Got the fuel cell.
tank.jpg

The fuel pump and regulator. Decided on the Aeromotive pro regulator and the magnafuel Pro star 500 with internal bypass and internal filter
fuel.jpg

Got the battery box powder coated and a few other braces too. This will match the fuel cell and eventual NOS black bottle.
battery.jpg

New fans and shroud
fans.jpg

Small single wire denso style 85 amp alt with custombracket for big block.
alternator.jpg

Only one person could pull this off. Big thanks to Alan at Speed of Sound for all the custom work on my console. Can’t wait to see this in my car.
console.jpg

dash2.jpg

Got the new tranny in today. Reid case, fully rollerized, turbo shaft, SFI certified bell and case means no blanket / diapers / shields. 10 clutch set up with pro tree trans brake should hold 2000 hp.
tranny4.jpg

tranny3.jpg

tranny2.jpg

tranny.jpg

Car is in the roll bar shop and will be back next week. Also engine will be done soon. Games will begin very soon.

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
coming along nicely. Alan did a great job on that center piece for the switch panel. I forgot, did you go with a 9 inch also or did you stick with the 8.8?

GI Joe

Reaction score
coming along nicely. Alan did a great job on that center piece for the switch panel. I forgot, did you go with a 9 inch also or did you stick with the 8.8?

Hey "big money!"... no, I had to stick with my beefed up 8.8 with 9" ends. Keep you garage locked..LOL....... J/K

If I ever add nitrous I may upgrade...

GI Joe

Reaction score
Well some updates to report. Still don’t have the engine…Waiting for a few supporting mods so I just the engine builder to hold on. I think everything is in place now to have the engine dyno session done on Thurs.
I have made some progress but its been slow. Kidney stones will do that to ya.
I got the entire fuel system finished
fueltank.jpg

fpump.jpg

f4.jpg

f3.jpg

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

Got the roll bar finished and then I finally painted it.
bar.jpg

bar2.jpg

d7.jpg

d1.jpg

rb5.jpg

rb4.jpg

rb1.jpg

Test fitted the shifter

s2-1.jpg

s1.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back