New 600 Cubic Inch 1000 hp motor build

GI Joe

Reaction score
Next I started the sub component wiring…this is not much fun…I have 30 hours in the wiring and expect to put 20 more in. I HATE WIRING…SOOOOO time consuming…and my back don’t work as well as it did when I was 25…LOL

SPEEDO will be GPS as the powerglide has no provisions for VSS

d6.jpg

d3.jpg

d2.jpg

d11.jpg

d12.jpg

d4.jpg

d13.jpg

d8.jpg

d16.jpg

d15.jpg

d15.jpg

d14.jpg

Would also like to make mention of the latest arrival to the shop….my first grandson, Jack
j1.jpg

j2.jpg

j3.jpg

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Where did you get that breather for the vent on the fuel cell (the one with the roll over check ball)? Does that screw into the bulkhead fitting coming out? or just hose clamp?

Cal26Stang

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on the grandson, I'm sure he's excited about the build! lol that wiring looks like a complete pain in the ass

Corpo

I
Reaction score
One thing that always bothered me about my car gauges was the rpm is covered by my arm. If I built my own gauge pod, I would totally switch them, lol. Now I know that doesn't really matter in your case sine you have the big tach on the dash anyway.

GI Joe

Reaction score
One thing that always bothered me about my car gauges was the rpm is covered by my arm. If I built my own gauge pod, I would totally switch them, lol. Now I know that doesn't really matter in your case sine you have the big tach on the dash anyway.

well I can tell you something I learned...I put the GT500 gauges in because they were switched back the way they should be...and guess what? It was worse. I could not see the tach at all because it was hiden behind the top right side of the steering wheel. Now allot of that would be dependent on drivers height, seat height, recline degree, and the steering wheel ( because I have a different steering wheel..its smaller and cover the right gauge more). But for me it did not work at all. Have you ever noticed our seats are not mounted center of the wheel. Its off to the right nearly 2". Check out the center of the wheel and where it falls on you chest. When I added the smaller dia wheel it really impeded the view.
I also want one on each side depending on which lane I'm in...

GI Joe

Reaction score
UPDATE:
I finally got the engine dynoed and brought it to the shop...
If I had a vacuum pump on it the thing would make over 1000 hp on motor...
What you will see here are 3 dyno runs...The first is right after break in and ran to 6500. It seems kinda pissed that we shut it off at 6500...was just getting ready to run..lol The 2nd and final runs are to 7200 rpm. The first run is at 32 degrees timing.932 hp ( we actually made another to 7200 with 32d.) The 2nd run we went 34. 948 hp. The final run, as you will see, is 30d and the nice trick flow heads liked that best so thats where we parked it. 962 HP 799tq. The average hp below the curve is 864
Video editing is a bit crude...I'm tired..LOL

Some pics of engine at dyno
dyno9.jpg

dyno7.jpg

dyno6.jpg

dyno3.jpg

Valve train on the trickflow heads
dyno2.jpg

dyno1.jpg

The dyno sheet
dyno.jpg

Look at the curve on the thing ... I don’t have a torque curve…I have a torque line..LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fmTk_6eyx0&feature=youtu.be

Three dyno runs with a little southern humor mixed in..The dyno guy is old school like me…He used to work with the Allison Bro’s. If you know anything about Nascar you know the Talladega gang and will know the names Bobby and Donnie Allison from Hueytown….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnrm2hBofn0&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCC-VGVOeOI&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcLqmlBHVIg&feature=youtu.be

The inside wiring is basically done

finish3.jpg

finish2.jpg

finish.jpg

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have never seen a engine move like that on the dyno!

Anyway great numbers for only 12:1 compression. The A460 head is a great cylinder head and perfect for some N20. This thing is going to haul ass. What is the CID again?? Is it a 598?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back