New Build in the works going from stock 4.6 to a blown stroker 5.0

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
AutoX, who told you this?

I rather not say just in case I miss understood or something. Cause I know you guys will just flame away!!

My understanding was the 2.3L value was internal volume, thus boring out the inlet provided a larger volume.

But after your explanations, I see I must have misunderstood something along the way.

whippledpony

forum member
Reaction score
Yes it is the same pump as before. Same swap, the only diference is that ford found that the popping gears isue was because of wobling/flexing of the back plate which in caused the gear to wobble as well. They put a billet steel back plate. and eliminated the wobble. It sells for $50 bucks. If ford is spinning the gt500 over 7k with that much stroke it will be cake on a 3v.

March 2012, 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords

"There is no differentiating a 5.4 from a 5.8 oil pump because both pumps are identical except for their back plates. all internal gears, their swept volume, the front casting, internal passages and so on are identical, even though the 5.8 has a definite need for more oil flow than the 5.4.

Testing showed the 5.4's oil pump back plate deforms under heavy load, costing a reduction in oil flow. The simple cure was to replace the stamped rear cover with this billet -steel plate, and viola, no more deformation. Both flow and pressure are increased sufficiently to keep up with the increased demand of the piston oil squirters. The 5.8 oil pump bypass valve is set for 90 psi."

where can i pick it up for 50 bucks at

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
I think I'm going to bore my 3.4L to 4.3L. What do you guys think?

Then I'm going to port my rear end housing so I have a higher gear ratio.

Then I'll bore my 18in wheels out to 20's.

And after that I'm going to bore my exhaust out another 1/2in.

Aaaaaand, I was just thinking. No need to buy a bigger radiator. I'll bore that out too.

This is going to be sweet!

Lol,, just bore it to a 5.0! Evidently the 5.0 it is all the rave lol...

I dont understand that type of bullying... Why dont you bore out your ass while you are at it?

This forum is made to spread information. What would it lead to if you try to squatter everyone that has some false information.

dude, lighten up a bit. Autoxracer has a great personality and we all like him.. Maybe I am wrong but I took it like this >>:poke: Not like this>>>:kinky: .

:beerchug2:

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I dont understand that type of bullying... Why dont you bore out your ass while you are at it?

Apparently you don’t know the difference between sarcasm and bullying.

And why is it every time I see the accusation of bullying the accusers way of dealing with it is to resort to “bullying” right back? A bit hypocritical maybe (sarcasm again)?

Lastly, where I come from there needs to be physical contact for bullying to take place. Up to that point it is teasing. That is unless of course someone is being a big fat pussy.:hi:

Speed+Clinic

forum member
Reaction score
Apparently you don’t know the difference between sarcasm and bullying.

And why is it every time I see the accusation of bullying the accusers way of dealing with it is to resort to “bullying” right back? A bit hypocritical maybe (sarcasm again)?

Lastly, where I come from there needs to be physical contact for bullying to take place. Up to that point it is teasing. That is unless of course someone is being a big fat pussy.:hi:

Ok then just a lot of bashing around here when people don't know their stuff. Also there doesn't need to be any physical contact for someone to be bullied but I do agree that that there must be a limit to the reach of the anti-bullying stuff so that the kids dont grow up sissies.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Did you really think that he was going to admit that he made it up?:roflmao:

Hey asshole!!! I didn't make it up.

I rather not say who in case I misunderstood. I don't need to throw anyone under the bus; thats lack of integrity and character.

I'd rather admit I made a mistake and end it. Yes I was told it increased the capacity of the blower from 2.3L to 2.6L or so. Like I said, maybe I miss understood what I was told.

I am not going to call that person out, there is no point. You guys already educated my that its not possible to increase capacity. There is nothing more to say. I was wrong, I learned something new, end of story.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Hey asshole!!! I didn't make it up.

I rather not say who in case I misunderstood. I don't need to throw anyone under the bus; thats lack of integrity and character.

I'd rather admit I made a mistake and end it. Yes I was told it increased the capacity of the blower from 2.3L to 2.6L or so. Like I said, maybe I miss understood what I was told.

I am not going to call that person out, there is no point. You guys already educated my that its not possible to increase capacity. There is nothing more to say. I was wrong, I learned something new, end of story.

Your response speaks volumes.

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
I rarely come on here, and this thread is an example why. You guys should see the work AutoX is doing on his car - all himself.

I come on S197 because there is a wealth of technical knowledge on here - but there are also a bunch of jack-asses on here. If Jeremy tells me something isn't tech again, I am going to have an aneurysm.

So AutoX misunderstood inlet porting vs. rotor displacement - big deal. He's square now.

Don't confuse his 800 crank / flywheel vs. RWHP. I think he has been clear - he seeks 700RWHP SAE - and that number is indeed attainable on a Dynojet with a 2.3 TVS - I know of two others who have done so. AK427R on FnSweet has laid down 720RWHP/680TRQ (with ported heads, Comp Stage 2 blower cams, 1 3/4 headers, 12% overdrive crank damper)

It is proven the restriction on the 2.3 TVS is the inlet port design - Justin at VMP has validated this. Yes, it still flows 2.3 liters per revolution, but it does so with less inlet restriction and therefore makes more power when port mods are addressed.

Going much beyond 700 at the rear wheels is going to require a bigger displacement supercharger, or a shot of the juice. The TVS poops out at around 20 PSI and starts making heat. For high boost applications (18+), a twin-screw is better if sticking with a non-centri SC, and as Back@itagain stated, bigger is better.

whippledpony

forum member
Reaction score
wow, my thread went completely crazy and got way off of subject of helping me out with my build some entertaining things but need to get back on topic, need to know where i can get the new GT500 oil pump that has billet gears that some one said on here for $50, which i dont think is possible,

also guys need help with my teksid block i didnt know of some of the issues of doing the swap to the this block, so my rotating assembly has already been installed, and i am not sure if it has the coolant hole drilled on the driver side of the head for the 3v heads, and i didnt know i needed some special part for the knock sensors and didnt know i needed difffernt motor mounts any help would be great in this area

ctt326

Brenspeed Hater
Reaction score
DR3Z6600A is the part number for the oil pump and through Tousley it is $68. They are however back ordered 2 weeks.

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
DR3Z6600A is the part number for the oil pump and through Tousley it is $68. They are however back ordered 2 weeks.

Be aware, the new pump doesn't have billet gears ... It has a new billet back plate ..

I used the old FRPP oil pump on my build and am seeing oil pressure fluctuation .. I'm gunna install a new one sometime this spring ...

ctt326

Brenspeed Hater
Reaction score
Be aware, the new pump doesn't have billet gears ... It has a new billet back plate ..

I used the old FRPP oil pump on my build and am seeing oil pressure fluctuation .. I'm gunna install a new one sometime this spring ...

Right, but according to Ford the back plate flexing was causing the gears to shatter. On my build I will be switching the pressure spring from the 3v pump to the new gt500 pump.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back