New Car Smell

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
Personally, I don't like it. But my wife does. She likes riding in my diesel Cruze, just for this very reason.

She wants to get as close to that smell in her 2009 Chevy Traverse, as lately, it smells like kids, dogs, etc...

She's already tried the cheap spray, as well as the little gel can that sits under your seat. She was wondering if there was a higher-end product that actually smells convincing.

Any ideas?

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
A new car.....What you smell are all the new plastics....

Yeah and can actually be harmful to you lol. Funny how we all 'love' that new car smell. Even though it has so little to do with the actual scent but the memory of getting a brand new car.

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
Try the leather scent from CG's, I have heard it smells similar to a new car smell, if its leather of course. I have noticed their smells dont last very long though. They also have a new car smell, as mentioned above. Or the stripper scent? lol

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
Try a mix of the stripper scent and leather. It won't last long just sprayed into the carpet though...You can pour some of the liquid into an old canister type freshener like the California Car Scents or similar.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Try the leather scent from CG's, I have heard it smells similar to a new car smell, if its leather of course. I have noticed their smells dont last very long though. They also have a new car smell, as mentioned above. Or the stripper scent? lol

I've been curious about CGs scents....but I don't know about wanting my car to smell like an old stripper....lol

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
Lol. The stripper scent is actually good smelling IMO. I also have they apple odor eliminator which I like. The Citrus is ok, more of a chemical smell to me. Like HitandRun said, give the stripper scent a try.

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
I like.new car scent and leather sent. New car scent to me just smells clean but not new. Leather I like though.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Alright, next time I place an order I'll have to pick some up.
Still not sold on the Stripper even with the description above lol.

DSargent09

Get iT!
Reaction score
TIP #1: Don't ever drive it! Mines still smells brand new........:dead2:

Why? I really don't understand. You bought a car to look at it? I don't drive mine a lot but it damn sure doesn't only have 300 miles on it.

I just don't understand.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
I farted in mine the other day and now the new smell is gone..... only 1600 miles LE SIGH :dead2:

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
My garage still smells like a new car. I've had friends comment that it smells like I don't drive it.

BTW I've been using the stripper scent since I was 18 and won't use anything else.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
We just got the CG stuff today. We haven't "installed" it yet, but it is definitely the closest thing to new car smell I've smelled, lol.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back