New daily ***non S197 content***

Reaction score
From all I had read I was thinking a better cam shaft would be smart. Any idea from what I've read seems. Ppl are leaning towards the trick flow version.

Eh depending on what you want out of the car a custom grind is not that expensive on comparison. TFS camshafts are decent, and better than motorsport camshafts. My friend has an ed curtis camshaft in his 91 and the idle is noticeably lumpy but not overly aggressive to ensure drivability is kept to a maximum. Just shop around and do some research, you don't have to break the bank but the E cams are not that great. Also while you're in there just replace the RR's. You can find the ones out of the 94/95 cobras pretty cheap used and they are made by Crane. Or if money is not an object just buy some new. You'll need a retune also because the 94/95 PCM's are extremely finnicky.

millertime

5-0 coming threw
Reaction score
Eh depending on what you want out of the car a custom grind is not that expensive on comparison. TFS camshafts are decent, and better than motorsport camshafts. My friend has an ed curtis camshaft in his 91 and the idle is noticeably lumpy but not overly aggressive to ensure drivability is kept to a maximum. Just shop around and do some research, you don't have to break the bank but the E cams are not that great. Also while you're in there just replace the RR's. You can find the ones out of the 94/95 cobras pretty cheap used and they are made by Crane. Or if money is not an object just buy some new. You'll need a retune also because the 94/95 PCM's are extremely finnicky.
may take a min to save up but that sounds smart. i was originally told by the previous owner(not the cars builder) that the motor was suppose to be some kind of high compression motor. so till i can get the heads off to measure everything up and get it calculated to verify ill prob leave it as is. any one know a good way to find out if the motor is high compression or not without taking parts off to measure all the insides?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back