New England Chit Chat

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
I'll make a decision Friday morning.

I just dont want to make the trek up there, and have it be rainy :/. No fun when I can't have the top down!

chaoscentral

forum member
Reaction score
well since some of you don't visit mf anymore figured I'd update here too.

Got my car back from the shop this morning after a long 3 weeks.

New built transmission and stall converter put in after the old one let go.(Turns out I grenaded the input shaft and it took the transmission fluid pump with it.)

This thing is a whole different animal with the stall converter. Kinda kicking myself for not doing it sooner.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
i say keep it the aluminum color.

just clean it!

Sounds like a plan! Are you off this friday? I stripped the block down and am wondering what parts to keep on it to make it look nice. The crankshaft is so heavy so I will probably leave that out but then it doesnt look as cool.

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
I agree on keeping it unpainted. I have seen painted ones and they are always ugly. Unless you get it powder coated and leave contact points bare (like you would if you were reinstalling)

don't know if I mentioned that I sent out those Hot Rod cams for repair, but I finally got the call that they are ready to go!

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
I agree on keeping it unpainted. I have seen painted ones and they are always ugly. Unless you get it powder coated and leave contact points bare (like you would if you were reinstalling)

don't know if I mentioned that I sent out those Hot Rod cams for repair, but I finally got the call that they are ready to go!

Nice! Gonna swap em in Kevin?

I will leave it bare, i just hope the pressure washer cleans off all the crap.

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
I do have off Friday, not sure what I'm doing though?

I imagine you have a pallet or something that its on? We can toss it in the yard and use some degreaser on it.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
I do have off Friday, not sure what I'm doing though?

I imagine you have a pallet or something that its on? We can toss it in the yard and use some degreaser on it.

Looks like I'm getting a tune Friday.

Chowdah fest in Newport RI Saturday!!! Let's goooo.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back