New England Chit Chat

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
I want something powerful enough for defense, but cheap enough that it doesn't cost me a ton to shoot every once in a while for fun. That's why I was thinking bigger than a .22 but I wanted cheaper than 9mm, but doesn't look like there really is anything. I'm not making any decisions too quick on what gun I want figured I needed to find the caliber first.

.380 is a very popular defense round, and the cost is around .32/round

9mm is around .30/round

You could go revolver and get a .357? This would let you shoot
.38 Special - .32/round
.357 Magnum (super fun) - .50/round

Unless you want a .22 Magnum, which is probably fun to shoot and would work good for defense, its usually a toss up between 9mm/.40/10mm/45 for most people.

Smith and Wesson 460.

Sent from my microwave

460 is for babies. 500 all day long

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
I'll probably go 9mm. The only reason I was thinking a little smaller was to maybe save a little money but since smaller isn't cheaper unless its too small then I'll stick to 9.

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
357 sig has my vote

Sent from SkyNet

Cheapest I can see .357 sig is .65/round. I'd rather have .45 or .357 mag at that price.

Our security people used to use .357 sig, but switched to 9 because of the price of ammo.

I'll probably go 9mm. The only reason I was thinking a little smaller was to maybe save a little money but since smaller isn't cheaper unless its too small then I'll stick to 9.

9 is good, and there are many different firearms in that caliber you can choose from. Even in the peoples republic of Massachusetts

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
I'm gonna go to the gun store this weekend and see what's up :3

Sent from my microwave

How hard is it to get stuff for you?

I gotta shoot a bunch of guns and see what I like. I want something fun to shoot and small enough to carry occasionally.

Bobs has a bunch of stuff, and its only $10 a piece.

Also, side note about this evening. Em's not game for the movie, but would like to get food together if possible! I would still like to swap parts, and talk guns. We can look stuff up and see what you'd like to try to shoot.

This work out for you guys? Where does Jess work?

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
Yeah that's fine. I would rather do dinner with you guys, Jess and I can see the movie some other night. She works right down the street from our apartment so she will probably just meet us at your place. What time should I head down?

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
Got into a little fender bender. Three cars, I was the one in front. Guy in rear hit another guy who then hit me. Very minor damage, nothing a repaint can't fix but will probably have to get the stripes done on the bumper again.

here is a pic

IMG_20130817_171948_640_zpsdc99cfb4.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
The Mustang-owners group I help run, Mustangs Of Massachusetts, is putting on a Mustang-only car show this Saturday, 8-31-2013, at the Kitty's Restaurant in North Reading, 123 Main St, from 10AM to 6PM

Kitty's will have their usual outside food service, selling burgers/sausage/pizza offerings, and drinks.

We're still working on securing music for the day.

Hope some of you guys can make it!

Mustang_Drive-In1b_zpsfdfbb9f9.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back