New Exterior Hood Release and Trimmed up the Shaker

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
UPDATE: DIY Guide Added - http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=167282#post167282

Just wanted to share a couple little tid bits.

One of the things that have been bugging me about my hood pins is the PITA to get out of the car, pull the pins, then go back to under the dash to pull the hood release.

Well, today I went retro and installed an exterior hood release. It is a pull cable style and I think it helps bring some old school look and feel to the car. The best part...It cost me $14 and the stock hood release still works too!

For those interested, some time in the next couple of weeks I am going to do this install for a buddy of mine. When I do, I will take some pics of the process and put up a step-by-step in the DIY section. The whole job takes about an hour.

I also got sick of the heat soak at the track. To help keep temps down, I revamped my Shaker as some of you have. I trimmed the sides off and vented the Shaker so it blows cool air over the intake and the top of the engine.

I know it's been like 3 months since you guys helped me out with the tips, but I still appreciate it! Thanks.

Last edited:

GRAYPNY

Rich
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks great but how do you keep other people from opening your hood when your not around?

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Nothing...the alarm rings when it's opened. If someone wants in, regardless of door locks, they can get in...

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice job Marc..
What Did Santa Bring ya....

I Got the SOS Double Pillar Pod...
Sure wish I could have got the Hood Locks as well...

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Santa gave me permission to spend money for Christmas ;-)

Should all be here by mid January. I got...

Prothane Motor Mounts
BMR Tubular "On-Car" Adjustable Panhard Rod
CHE Engine Torque Limiters
2 Replica Anthracite Mustang Bullitt Wheels (17X9)
2 Stock Anthracite Mustang Bullitt Wheels to be chopped to 17X4/5 (thanks for the great deal BTW.)
EBC Red Stuff 3000 Series Ceramic Brake Pads (Front & Rear)

I want to get an electric water pump and some Skinnies too. I think I am going to have to wait for mid February to buy those.

Grabber07'

The flying cheeto
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just a thought....I trimmed my shaker up a while back and found that adding door trim to the shaker really added a cleaned up look to the car. Here is a pic of mine after the cleanup

DSC00555.jpg

DSC00556.jpg

DSC00551.jpg

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Yea, that looks good. I am gonna stop on the way home today and pick some up. Thanks...

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back