New GT500 questions...

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
  1. Does the SC use the the engine oil as lubricant? Or is there a separate oil sump for the SC?
  2. When I open the hood, on the passenger side there a pressure switch, like if there were a light in the engine bay/hood, but there isn't...anyone know what this is for?
Thanks!

Brn N Rubr

forum member
Reaction score
The supercharger should be self-contained. Check your owners manual for servicing intervals.

As far as the button thing, it's part of the anti-theft system. Try setting your alarm with the hood open, it won't work. If you have the hood open, press and hold the button down, and then set your alarm. When you release the button, the alarm will sound.

sfadchi

Team Lethal
Reaction score
The supercharger uses it's own oil, it's not pulling from the engine.

Also as stated, the pressure switch is for the anti-theft system.

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The supercharger should be self-contained. Check your owners manual for servicing intervals.

As far as the button thing, it's part of the anti-theft system. Try setting your alarm with the hood open, it won't work. If you have the hood open, press and hold the button down, and then set your alarm. When you release the button, the alarm will sound.
Thanks.

its a good thing mrclean uses chevron 93 with techron
Yes it is...what do you use?
The supercharger uses it's own oil, it's not pulling from the engine.

Also as stated, the pressure switch is for the anti-theft system.
Thanks
Whats said above ^^^ But yes it is self contained! I love your color without stripes by the way mean and sleek looking, and thats coming from a stripe guy!
yes! I especially like not having the stripe down the side...

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
sweet car...maybe we'll run into eachother one day on 45...I'd love to run that thing and see what they've got.

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
sweet car...maybe we'll run into eachother one day on 45...I'd love to run that thing and see what they've got.

Sure thing! Sounds like you may spank me given the 500 rwhp, though! (and prolly less weight).

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

BTW, I checked the SVT/Shelby supplemental manual, and it says nothing about the SC's oil change interval or even the type of oil it uses. All it says about the SC is that it's a Eaten Model 122.

The "normal" Mustang manual that comes with the car is just that, a manual that covers all other aspects of the car, butfrom the engine perspective only covers 4.6L and 4.0L motors...no mention of superchargers anywhere.

Maybe I'll do a search on the web...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back