New here from Odessa, TX.

dcm2010

Reaction score
Hello, I just bought my first modular powered Mustang. A 2010 GT premium. The car already had a Bama tuner, CAI, and flowmaster mufflers. I really wanted a new 5.0 and have just returned from a long stay in the LSX crowd. But my credit hasn't quite recovered from losing everything in 2008. So I picked up this 2010 for 17k. It has 40 on the clock. They wanted 23K but since the CEL was on and it was throwing lean codes, it turned into an easy deal. It's not running lean anymore.

Next month it will have new wheels, a C&L cai(bbk now), LT's, OR-X, 1" springs, short throw shifter and a retune. It will also be de-accessorized.

I plan on removing the hood scoop, window louvers, side scoops, stripe and replacing the spoiler with a GT500 (because it covers the holes from the pedestal spoiler)

Long term is to have a low 11 second driver, on stock internals and a blower with good suspension. It will get suspension before any other engine mods.

IMG_1776E by texas_bred83, on Flickr

IMG_1768E by texas_bred83, on Flickr

IMG_1783E by texas_bred83, on Flickr

I don't think the wheels are actually for an S197. They have what seem to be big spacers behind them. Hopefully I'll get a better look tonight.

Thanks
Dustin

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Got a lot of lone star guys around here.

dcm2010

Reaction score
Not normally a hood scoop guy, but it looks good on your car. I'd consider keeping it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Well I my be leaving it until I get a new hood simply because from the research I have done the scoop is held on with four screws. I rather have the scoop than four holes in my hood.

The stripe, side scoops and window louvers shouldn't be hard. I'll use heat, fishing line and a stripe off wheel.

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
Nice car and welcome...for 17 grand that is a steal!

dcm2010

Reaction score
Yeah I thought we would like it. We moved here from Longview, 8 months has been long enough for us. The money is great, made more money here than I ever have.

On the downside, cost of living is really high. The locals hate everybody, they even teach their kids that out of towners are not welcome at their school. My 10 year old has been in 9 fights since September. You have to wait in line to eat anywhere, anytime of day. There is absolutely nothing to do here.

They do have two drag strips though, an 1/8 which sees a lot of action. And they just opened up a 1/4 which had been closed for three or four years.

blacknlte

Reaction score
On the downside, cost of living is really high. The locals hate everybody, they even teach their kids that out of towners are not welcome at their school. My 10 year old has been in 9 fights since September. You have to wait in line to eat anywhere, anytime of day. There is absolutely nothing to do here.

Yes cost of living in Odessa has gone up, but try Midland and you'll really see how much higher the cost of living really is. As far as the "locals hating everyone and teaching there kids out of towers are not welcome" is a joke!! Ive lived in Odessa for 33 years and thats not taught. Yes its busy everywhere around here, but what do you expect when theres a oil boom going on and your right in the heart of it.

But we do have a saying "if you don't like it here, leave!"

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back