New Item For The Toy Box - Off-Roading Anyone?

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
I was a jeep guy for a short period of time. Bought a new 98 TJ and put a 3 inch lift and some hellcat wheels on it with 33x12.5 BFG's. I've always been more of a bronco guy, owned a 78, 79, 88, and 73 bronco. My 73 was my favorite! Had a 351w, C6 trans, NP205 transfer case, ford 9 rear, dana 44 front, disc brake conversion and a 4 in lift. This is my current off-road ride..

f5e2a4a2.jpg

3e4c0665.jpg

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Man, that looks sweet! It must go damn near anywhere. I like the idea that it has a winch too. That can be one handy piece of hardware when you arestuck in the mudd. LOL

The 73 Bronco sounds bad ass. Those NP transfer cases are awesome. The 200 series is the only chain driven transfer case I have ever seen that doesn't make noise and the chain will outlast everything else. I put the NP231 with a slip yoke eliminator and 4:1 output in my 2000 XJ (above). Best $600 I spent on that thing.

bradleyem

forum member
Reaction score
I'm also big time into off roading. I used to have a '95 Tacoma that I beat the hell out of. I also had a '73 FJ 40 Land Cruiser. Currently I have a '95 Wrangler and a '90 Toyota 4x4. I'm getting ready to do a solid axle swap on the Toyota truck.

Mustang08

Reaction score
Congrats on the jeeps they are the best offroading vehciles around. Hmm alot of people here have a XJs but does anybody else have a MJ
DSC_0162.jpg

Also know as a Jeep Comanche

forango

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, all the Jeep talk makes me miss my Jeeps ssssooooo much! I used to have a badass CJ-7...was ugly as sin but went anywhere and through just about anything, until i hit a tree with it that didn't want to go down. LOL

Also had a '93 Wrangler that i was gonna use for off roading until i felt the torque from the 4.0...ended up street racing it instead. LOL

mpf

forum member
Reaction score
I drove a XJ for 60k, a 96. Funny thing, I took the dash apart to install a vacuum gauge,
and molded on the dash's back side was a "AMC" logo! That was fine by me, no sense
wasting cash on a new mold.
OP, nice rides!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back