new member in Atlanta

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Hey there everyone. New to the site, new to the S197 chassis. Newish (2 years) to the Atlanta area as well.

Been into cars pretty heavy the last 17 years or so and here's a quick run-down of what I've built/played with in the past.

First sports car - 1992 Eagle Talon es (the 2.0 non-turbo version)

Threw a few mods at it at first

then went a little nuts after doing a drivetrain swap and pushing boost. Started racing it then tried to convert it back to the street. Car wasn't as much fun off track so parted it out soon after. This was one of the last photos of it complete

Used the money from that to go pick up a 95 gt that needed some work.

Slapped some parts on it and sold it this year shortly after this meet at Summit Racing.

Took that money and went and picked this up the same day and traded in my daily while I was at it.

Also had a couple eddie bauer vehicles in my daily driver past.

Great until the air ride started to give out. Should have just replaced it with coils and moved on with my life. Truck ran great.

Don't get the 6.0 said. I didn't listen, traded in at a loss to get out from under this money pit. Damn shame as this thing was faster than it had any right to be for how large it was.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. To those of you in the Atlanta area, let me know of any decent shows coming up. Still getting the car cleaned up and getting the first few mods on it, but I'm always interested in seeing other people's builds since I'm brand new to the S197 chassis.

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. To those of you in the Atlanta area, let me know of any decent shows coming up. Still getting the car cleaned up and getting the first few mods on it, but I'm always interested in seeing other people's builds since I'm brand new to the S197 chassis.

Here is the info to the next show I plan on attending in Lawrenceville at Mustangs Unlimited.

Mustang & Ford Rally
Sunday June 22nd, 2014 (Rain Date: Sunday June 29th, 2014)
Judging: 3PM
Awards: 4PM

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Here is the info to the next show I plan on attending in Lawrenceville at Mustangs Unlimited.

Mustang & Ford Rally
Sunday June 22nd, 2014 (Rain Date: Sunday June 29th, 2014)
Judging: 3PM
Awards: 4PM

I have been to most of their shows. I live off of Buford hwy between Sugarload and McGinnis Ferry so their shop is like 5 minutes from my house. Good thing they don't stock more GT500 stuff or I'd be in trouble with the wife big time.

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
I have been to most of their shows. I live off of Buford hwy between Sugarload and McGinnis Ferry so their shop is like 5 minutes from my house. Good thing they don't stock more GT500 stuff or I'd be in trouble with the wife big time.

That is awesome, we live like 15 minutes apart. Hopefully I see you there.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Oh I'll be there. Hoping to run into someone who may have a GT500 pulley tool before then so I can get the first round of power upgrades installed w/o having to shell out $140 for a tool I'll use once.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back