New PS3 Owner - Games To Get?

06BlueDemon

Official Village Idiot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I became a new PS3 owner yesterday, got a great deal. Good friend of mine needed some cash pretty bad so he sold me his 2 month old 250GB for $250. Not bad

Any how, I own a 360 so I'm kind of wondering what games (specific to the PS3) I should start out with.

I've played the first Uncharted before and like it. Already have GT5 on my radar -- but not sure what else. I just want to make sure its something I can only play on the PS3.

Thanks.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
SOCOM Confrontation!! It's online only, multiplayer shooter. No co-op, it's just good ole vs. I might hop on tonight. Shock_Top is my name on ps3.

06BlueDemon

Official Village Idiot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
KIMMER said:
SOCOM Confrontation!! It's online only, multiplayer shooter. No co-op, it's just good ole vs. I might hop on tonight. Shock_Top is my name on ps3.

Good deal, thanks. I should have my system sometime this next week. I've already got 2 games coming from GameFly (Uncharted 2 & Infamous). I'll look up SOCOM as well.

Thanks again

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
I think you can pick up used for about $10 on ebay or about $15 at gamestop used. Hell, check craigslist..lol.

1andonlywhitie

The Australian...
Reaction score
Good deal, thanks. I should have my system sometime this next week. I've already got 2 games coming from GameFly (Uncharted 2 & Infamous). I'll look up SOCOM as well.

Thanks again

Uncharted 2 was pretty epic, I'm sure you'll enjoy that.

GTA4 is pretty good, LittleBigPlanet and ModNation Racers are always good for a quick smash, GT5 should be awesome, I got that on preorder already...

Modern Warfare 2 is good depending on who you get matched with, some times it's epic and some times it's probably the most irritating game in the world.

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Infamous is the TITS

If you like fun shooters, look at Resistance: Fall of Man (and Resistance 2)

If you like platformers, any/all of the Ratchet and Clank series are damned good fun

All of these are unique to the PS system.

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
The new Socom hits the shelves soon and the best game in my opinon has to be either MW2 or Bad Company 2. Defiently save some cash for this winters releases though.

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The new Socom hits the shelves soon and the best game in my opinon has to be either MW2 or Bad Company 2. Defiently save some cash for this winters releases though.

He already has a 360, so MW2 and BC2 are out (multi-platform)

4LiterSonic

Banned
Reaction score
If I were to get the PS3, the PS3-exclusive games I would get would be:

Gran Turismo 5

Killzone 2/3

Resistance 2/3

Uncharted 2

SOCOM

As for non-exclusives:

Ass Creed 2, Ass Creed: Brotherhood

Battlefield: Bad Company 2/BFBC Vietnam

Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas

The Force Unleashed 2

If you're going to get a of Duty game, DO NOT get Massive Warfail 2. Go for either Black Ops or COD4 (one of my favorite games of all time).

Last edited:

06BlueDemon

Official Village Idiot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, let's see ... I have Uncharted 2 & Infamous sitting here waiting for my system to arrive. I just purchased the God of War Collection (Parts 1 & 2) & God of War 3 from GameFly.

... and from there I guess I'll just sit back and wait for GT5.

As far as Modern Warfare and Battlefield go -- yeah, I've got a 360 and I play those on there. Just looking for games specific to the PS3.

Thanks everyone ...

Quick question - does the Playstation have a way to download demo's? Kinda like Xbox Live's interface?

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
Yup go to your playstation store on your XMB menu. If you want to know anything about the PS3 just PM me because I have known this system since day one.

06BlueDemon

Official Village Idiot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, well I've been set up for about a week now and there are some really good titles available.

So far, here's my list:

God of War III
Heavy Rain
Little Big Planet
Metal Gear Solid 4
MLB 10 The Show
Motor Storm Pacific Rift
Socom Confrontation
Uncharted 2

Of the titles ... I'm really liking Heavy Rain - great story and intuitive controls. MLB 10 The Show is hands down the best baseball game I've ever played. Of course I loved Uncharted, so Uncharted 2 is crazy good. God of War III & Metal Gear Solid are insane. Trying to get used to Little Big Planet and haven't messed with Socom yet.

The guy at Gamestop tried to get me to purchase that "Move" thing ... just doesn't look appealing yet. Anyhow, thanks for all the suggestions ... I got a HELL of a deal on the system, and the games are well worth it.

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
Ok, well I've been set up for about a week now and there are some really good titles available.

So far, here's my list:

God of War III
Heavy Rain
Little Big Planet
Metal Gear Solid 4
MLB 10 The Show
Motor Storm Pacific Rift
Socom Confrontation
Uncharted 2

Of the titles ... I'm really liking Heavy Rain - great story and intuitive controls. MLB 10 The Show is hands down the best baseball game I've ever played. Of course I loved Uncharted, so Uncharted 2 is crazy good. God of War III & Metal Gear Solid are insane. Trying to get used to Little Big Planet and haven't messed with Socom yet.

The guy at Gamestop tried to get me to purchase that "Move" thing ... just doesn't look appealing yet. Anyhow, thanks for all the suggestions ... I got a HELL of a deal on the system, and the games are well worth it.
That move will; be in my room when that new Socom 4 comes out and it will be more appealing later on when they have more games.

meanmike

GM SMOKER
Reaction score
GOW 3, both Resistance games, and Ratchet & Clank. Almost forgot that the new GOW Ghost of Sparta is about to be released.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back